Chapter 1

Veronica
(First maybe like 10 chapters are crappy so just deal with it)

I sat at the desk in my room as I tried to figure out how these fractions are suppose to work.

"Fuck it." I mumbled, throwing my pencil down on the desk, sighing in frustration. After all that work I did in high school, I still can't stand these fucking fractions.

"Roni! Roni!" My older brother, Algee, came in my room, waving a paper in the air. "I got the part!" He exclaimed.

I jumped up and grabbed the paper out of his hand. "Algee! I'm so proud of you!" I said, hugging him.

"Thank you, Veronica." He said smiling. Then he turned his attention to the piles of papers on my desk.

"What's with the papers?" He said, looking at me.

"Nothing serious." I said, looking at my homework.

He walked over and picked on of the papers up. "Fractions? You need help, Veronica?" He said, lifting his eyebrow.

"Nope. I'll figure it out." I said, shoving my hands in my pockets.

"See, now ya lying. Your papers would have been done, considering as soon as you get home you start your homework and you get home at 3. It's 6 now so that was 3 hours ago. Then you shoved yo hands in yo pockets. Something you do, only when you lying." He said, crossing his arms and straight facing me.

I sighed then chuckled slightly. "You know me so well, huh?" I said, looking down at my pink airforces.

"I know a thing or two." He said, chuckling. "Come on, I can help you." He said, grabbing the papers.
~
"Ugh, it's no use. Why I gotta learn it if I ain't gonna use it in life anyway?" I said, putting my head in my hands.

"I'm really close to becoming a stripper." I said.

Algee pinched me on my shoulder. "Uh, ow?" I said in a duh tone.

"Keep playing, Veronica. Now, I'mma show you a strategy that I used to divide fractions when I was in like the 12th grade. KFC." He said, and I looked at him.

"You hungry or sum?" I said.

He popped his mouth. "Nigga, no. It's called KFC because you Keep, Flip, and Change. You Keep the first fraction, Flip the second fraction, and then you Change the division sigh to a multiplication sign." He said, and showed me the steps.

After he showed me a few more, I did one on my own.

"Did I do it right?" I said, showing him my paper.

After looking over it, he smiled. "Yea, you did it correct."

"Yay! Thank you!" I said, hugging him as he laughed.

"And I can't wait to see you play in that movie." I said.

"I know right. This is gonna be so much fun." He said, smiling.

"What did you audition for?" I said.

"I auditioned for the role of Ralph Transvant in the New Edition Story." He said.