Chapter 54

Veronica

I sat there as I read the letter that Dani gave me when she came back to the hospital.

"Damn Nick." I said as I tried to call him but I went straight to voice mail.

I just wanna make sure he okay. Even before a relationship we were friends. I sat back and said a small prayer for him as Dani came back in the room with Maddie and Ryan.

"Hey boos." I said as they all hugged me. They come and visit me everyday to make sure I'm okay and never lonely.

"I'm so glad all of us caught up on our work. Cause it's almost the end of this school year." I said as they nodded, agreeing.

"Me too. I was afraid that I was gonna fail this year." Maddie said.

"Yeah, cause this year was stressful as hell." Ryan said.

"We almost done tho and I can't wait for it to be summer tho. What Yvette said? "My nigga sleep so you know I'm outside tho." Energy for this summer." Dani said sticking her tongue out.

I stale faced her. "Girl bye, yo ass gonna be right up under Algee." I said fanning her off.

"Right." Ryan said, trying to agree with me.

"Aht. You can't say anything either. To be honest neither one of y'all can say anything. Only one that's gonna have her hot girl summer is me." I said, sticking my tongue out.

"Girl, that baby bump says other wise." Maddie said.

"Awe shit. I almost forgot about him or her." I said, rubbing my stomach.

"My girl getting a little bump." Maddie said, rubbing my stomach.

Soon all of their hands were on my stomach.

"Okay y'all I got a question." I said, sitting up.

"Awe shit." Ryan said, crossing her legs.

"So y'all know how I'm suppose to be staying with Dani right?"

"Yeah."

"Well I just got offered to stay somewhere else."

"Oh that's great girl. Like is it an apartment or something else?" Maddie asked.

"Um, it's actually Woody's house." I slowly said.

"Huh?"

"Woody asked me to stay with him instead of staying with Dani."

"Oh... well what do you want to do?" Dani asked.

"Well I was actually thinking about the situations. Like I could stay with you but I'm sure you don't want me to bother you all the time."

"Now you know damn well I don't mind you staying with me. We sisters boo."

"Yeah I know but then you and Algee got y'all problems and y'all be having sex and shit and I don't wanna here my Bestfriend and my brother fucking in the next room." I said, making a face as I chuckled.

"Then there's the Woody situation. Me and Woody are not technically cool yet but I still somehow forgave him. Yeah, y'all might think I'm stupid for actually doing that but-"

"You're not stupid." Maddie said, sitting up.

"To be honest. I kinda figured that you would forgive him one day." Ryan said, shrugging.

"And that's okay. We'll never judge you for a decision you make." Dani said as they all nodded.

"So if you wanna move in with Woody, do it." Maddie said.

"But if anything happens just know these bitches steppin for you forever." Ryan said as I chuckled.

"Fashoo, and you know it's vice versa."
~
Woody

I sighed as I got prepared to knock on the door.

After knocking I stepped back and stood there.

"Who is it?"

"... It's Woody." I slowly said.

It went quiet for a second. Then I heard the sound of the door knob moving so I straightened up.

"What do you want?"

"I'm sorry ma'am but I really need to talk to you."

She stood there just staring at me before she sighed. "Come in."

I thanked Ms. Smith, Veronica's mom, before walking in and sitting on her couch.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but-"

"Who was that at the door baby?" Veronica's Dad said, coming downstairs but stopping when he seen me.

"What he doing here?" He said, coming to stand beside her.

"He said he needed to talk."

"Okay." He said, nodding. "So you just gonna stand there, Jack, or you gonna talk?"

Yeah, I deserve this to be real.

I sat down on their couch as they sat down too.
~
Veronica

Well it seems like they gonna let me outta here soon. They wanna keep me for a few more days to make sure my arm is okay even though it feels perfectly fine. After they removed the bullet my arm was back normal, Thank God.

"Come in." I said, switching the channel.

Instead of seeing a doctor, I saw my parents.

"They let y'all in after hours?" I asked, in confusion.

"Yeah, we just wanted to check in, see how you doing, and to give you some slightly good news." My mom said.

"Nick is doing fine, he hit us up from a new number letting us know." My dad said, and I let out a sigh of relief.

"That's so good. I'm glad he's alright."

"And we came to talk to you about something else." My dad said.

"Woody came by earlier."

I looked at mom and slowly nodded my head. "Oh."

"Yeah we talked and we said the decision is up to you. Whatever decision you make we will be behind it 100%." My dad said as mom nodded.

I nodded again and started to think. What should I do?

"Well I know it's been a long day. We just came by to check on you. We love you, princess." My dad said kissing my forehead as my mom hugged me.

"I love y'all too. Be safe please." I said as they waved and walked out the door.

"I've already made my decision, I'll let everyone know tomorrow." I mumbled to myself as I turned over and turned the light off.