Chapter 15

Veronica

"Veronica?" Algee said, looking at me with a confused look on his face.

"Hm?" I said, walking into the living room, drinking my Fruit Punch Arizona .

"Where were you last night?" I almost choked on the little bit of drink that was going down my throat. I sat the drink down.

"I was working on a poster for the cheer tryouts since I take art classes on the side." I said, trying my best not to show that I was lying.

"Veronica, yo ass lying." He said, walking up to me. "You just shoved your hands in your pockets." Shit.

"I'm not lying. I'm telling the truth." I said, getting my hands out of my pockets.

"Veronica, I know you."

"Um okay, Algee I was heading out the door to go work with the girls on my notes and homework so, see ya." I said, and hurried my ass right out the door.
~
Algee

"Yo, Al? You straight, bruh?" Elijah asked me as all the older guys were at my house chilling.

"Nah, bruh. Veronica basically lied in my face and didn't tell me the truth about where she was yesterday." I said, rubbing my face.

"Why you think she lied?" Woody said while eating a bag of chips.

"Because, she lied about her going to meet the girls for notes. They do that every Thursday, and every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday if they have a test that week." I sighed. "She also shoved her hands in her pockets, which we all know she do when she telling a lie."

"Maybe it's not really nothing, bro." Elijah said.

"Nah, bruh I know Veronica. She got something she hiding." I said, trying to this about a possible situation.

"Hold on, how did you not know when she left if you were at the house with her?" Keith said.

"Um. I fell asleep." I said, scratching the back of my head.

"You lying foo." Bryshere said, laughing.

"Veronica already told us that if you lying or if you about to lie, you gonna scratch the back of your head." Luke said, laughing along with Bryshere.

"Some things you gotta keep to ya self, foo." I said, walking away smirking as everyone started talking shit.
~
Veronica

"So, let me tell y'all about how I got choked the fuck up around Luke yesterday." Maddie said, sitting on the floor.

We were all over Ryan's house, chilling and eating. Ryan just got done telling us about her conversation with Keith.

"Shit spill, Sis." Ryan said, as we all got on the floor in a circle.

After she told us about the situation, we started laughing as she rolled her eyes.

"That's not fucking funny. How the fuck my dumbass gonna get nervous? Around a nigga?"

"Awwwww, Maddie gotta lil crushhhhh." Dani said, pinching her cheek.