Chapter 21

Veronica

"Why, just why, Algee?" I said, shaking my head.

"Why do you always be in my business? I don't appreciate yo homegirl running our business to you." Algee said, rubbing his hands over his face.

"You stayed in my business when you thought I was acting weird but hey, it's my turn now." I said, shrugging. "Why you do Dani like that?"

"So you wouldn't get mad if a nigga that you talking to gave sum bitch his number?" He said, crossing his arms.

"I see it as Dani returning the same energy she getting. Come on, Algee, you know what you doing." I said.

"So what, I can't talk to my fans now?"

"Algee there is a freaking difference." I said, throwing my hands in the air. "I seen it the other day, who the hell is Jamie?" I said, crossing my arms.

"One of my fans."

"So you giving fans your number, now. Yeah, use that excuse but it don't work on me." I said, as he got up, trying to walk away from the conversation like always. "But if I told you she was crying, it would be different." I mumbled low so he wouldn't hear me.

He stopped walking. "She cried?" He said, turning his head a little.

I nodded, thinking about the conversation me and her had.

He sighed, grabbing his phone and keys off the table.

"I guess I'll head home." I said, grabbing my own car keys.
~
Dani

"That nigga ain't shit." I said, shaking my head as Jordan didn't answer the call for his baby mama.

No, I'm not talking about Jordan from the store, I'm talking about Jordan from All American, that's my show.

"Coming." I said, getting up, walking to the door as someone knocked on it.

"Oh, hi Algee." I said, opening the door all the way.

And you know what I just realized? I'm a weak ass bitch because I almost cried right then. I ain't seen my dude in a whole 2 weeks. Get ya shit together, Dani.

"Hey." He said, coming in.

I closed the door, locking it. And as soon as I turned around, I was greeted with a hug, that I gladly took.

"I usually don't do this, but for you , I'll do anything so, I'm sorry." He said, still hugging me.

I just stood there, just hugging him, for a long time.

"Yo little ass is so stubborn tho. You could have just called me." He said.

"You didn't call me." I mumbled into his hoodie that I will be taking from him before he leaves my house.

"Ight, ya got me." He said, chuckling a little. "You can let go now."

"Nope." I said, tightening my arms around him.