XXXIX. Murdered

Hailey's POV:

"Wow, this seems so real," Crystal commented, and I couldn't help but nod in agreement.

He thrust the wooden chair back and forth.

"Hold him down," Madison said.

Mason and another guy went behind him, each planting a hand on his shoulder. They proceed in tying him onto a pole-like structure.

The muffled sound seemingly increased: "Elp! Elp!"

My heart was pounding loudly as the whispers escalated around me. I held onto Crystal's arm. "That guy doesn't seem like he is enjoying it."

"This is just a show," Crystal snorted. "He's an actor. Of course, he has to act like he doesn't like it."

My eyes widen when Madison grabs some knives. She said some words into the mic, but I couldn't hear it; all I'm focusing on is the tied man. He cried genuine tears as Madison walked away. Then, she stopped; the spotlight focused on her.

Bang!

The knife landed between his legs.

Everyone clapped.

I grip onto Crystal tighter.

"So, fucking cool," she would say.

Bang!

Another knife.

Above the head.

Bang!

Barely missed his left ear.

The crowd got wilder.

I swallowed, "I need to use the restroom," I said. I wasn't interested in watching this horrific scene anymore.

Making my way towards the double doors, I look around for Josh, who seemingly disappeared.

Inside the restroom, I washed my face with cold water, grateful that I used waterproof makeup.

Then, sirens.

What's going on?

I wiped my face off with a paper towel, cautiously scraping off the minimal amount of makeup that decided to be rebellious, and made my way back into the double doors.

Muffled sounds could be heard.

"Everyone. I repeat. Everyone will stay inside this auditorium until further notice."

"What's going on?" Madison asked.

I made my way through the crowd and towards Crystal, who seems as confused as me.

Then, I look forward.

There, he is.

Sitting there.

Covered in knives and blood.

"Miss, step back."

"What's going on here! You're ruining my party!" Madison shriek.

"Murdered...This man had been murdered."

Murdered...Murdered...Murdered.

"What do you mean murdered?" Madison snapped, "This is a sh-" she grabbed the knife from the man's body and instantly screamed when the blood poured outward.

As if on cue, everyone screamed.

Including me.

"Settle down!" The man shouted, but we didn't comply; instead, everyone trample over each other. "Block them! Don't allow anyone to escape! The murderer is still in the roo-"