LXI. Loads of Tears

Joshua's POV:

Taxi.

Airport.

Everything came in a rush.

I hop into the car. Joel threw my bag into the trunk and started the car. The ride back seemingly felt longer than necessary.

"What happened, Joel?" I ask.

Joel exhales, and the story begins.

Not too long ago, a young girl went to dad's company and claimed she was his daughter. It turned out she has been stalking him for the past few weeks. I'm not surprised. Dad has some batshit crazy stalkers. Dad thought it was one of those crazy ladies or kids who wants a piece of the Greyson's fortune.

It happened.

Dad's old lovers appeared and claimed they had his kids.

So, he did a DNA check to shut her up.

It came back positive.

Holy fucking shit.

When the car stopped, I didn't wait for Joel to open the door and rushed into the mansion. Screw all that etiquette.

Everything and I meant everything was broken.

"Josh!" Jada rushed towards me with a few other terrified looking maids behind her. She started speaking in Spanish, but it was too fast that I didn't understand. I may understand a bit of Spanish, but I'm not fluent.

"English Jada! English! You know I can't understand when you talk so fast!" Jada was the one who tutored me in Spanish. She taught my brothers and me by not giving us what we need unless we ask in Spanish.

Jada inhales a deep breath. "Your father is in his study. Your mother is in the bedroom. And that puta is in the guest room."

I assumed puta meant that girl who claimed to be my father's daughter.

"Josh!" I look upstairs to see a crowd of boys rushing down. They pushed and crowded one another until every single one of them was in front of me.

Caleb held my shirt, "Are mom and dad going to get a divorce?"

Theodore cried: "I don't want a divorced!"

Mike held my leg. "M-Mommy m-mad."

Calvin stood in the back and cried harder; only incoherent sounds left his mouth.

Then, the rush came. They all talked at once, babbling about how our parents are going to separate.

After half an hour, I was able to comfort them. I assured them that our parents aren't going to divorced, as far as I know. And, finally, they went back to their rooms.

I pressed my fingers against my throbbing temples before I ran my hands down my tired face. "Where is Miles?"

"He's asleep in his room." Being a child sounds great right now.

"And mom?"

"Still in the bedroom," Jada replies. I head upstairs. She grabs my arm, "Josh. She's really not happy." In other words, the demon had surfaced.

I smile, "I'll be fine." But, have an ambulance stand by just in case.

I knock against the door.

No response.

I knock again.

"Go away!" Something broke against the door. I never knew mom could be so aggressive.