XII. Meeting the Principal

Hailey's POV:

"Are you ready for the best two years of your life?"

"Two? Don't you mean four?" I ask.

"Nope, two."

"Why only two?"

"Because I'm only here for two more years. After that, it will suck."

I smirk, "Maybe it will be better once you're gone."

He frowns and crosses his arms. Without a single word, he turns his head towards the tinted window. "I'll leave now then," he sulks.

I scoot closer towards Josh until my arm touches his. "My junior and senior year will be absolutely horrendous without Joshua Greyson," I exaggerate.

He peeks at me, fighting the smile on his face.

I released a breath, wrapping my hands over my lap while shuffling my body to get comfortable inside the car, disregarding the belt poking up my butt. "I'm going to sulk for two whole years in my dorm room, in a dark corner, I may add until I enter college."

He smiles, turning his body to the front. "That's better," he said, resting an arm over my shoulder. "It better be the damn worst two years," he mutters.

I shake my head but stumbles forward when I realize we were coming to a stop. "Where are we?" I ask, feeling butterflies scattering throughout my intestines.

Josh opened the door while I quickly mentally debated whether to tell the driver to drive me back to California. "The dorms," he said. I jumped out beside him, unable to handle the anxiety rushing through my fibers as I clung to his shirt.

Tilting my head downward, all I see is our dirty shoes and dirt. Inhaling a deep breath, I look up, unable to hold my mouth closed. The dorms were precisely what I had researched online - definitely different from all other dorms — the front door, made of glass, wide open for us to criss-cross inside without a card scanner.

I allow my eyes to absorb the myriad of hues stocked on the mantel above the fireplace, all pearl but made unique by their variance in minerals. It was not a dormitory but a high class five star hotel - then again, the majority of the students here come from wealthy families.

I lean towards Josh, unable to prevent my body from fidgeting due to the incredible build-up of seats. "Why is everyone staring at us? Do I have something in my teeth?" I ran my tongue across it.

"Teeth," he commands, taking a step in front of me to block others from seeing my embarrassing actions. I turn towards him, showing off every single tooth. Josh leaned forward, checking it out, "No, you're good. A bit yellow, but good."

I smack his arms. "This is normal people's teeth. Yours is too white."

He smiles, "I'm just joking...maybe," he mumbles while I glare viciously at him. Josh clears his throat. "They probably aren't used to seeing new students so early in the dorms since they are all gathering in the auditorium by now."

I nod, tilting my head when a lightbulb seems to click. "Oh...wait... shouldn't I be in there then?"

He shrugs, "Yeah, you should."