XXXII. Your Son

Hailey's POV:

Inhaling a deep breath, Mrs.Greyson releases Josh's ear. Finally, she noticed Ricardo's presence. "Aww, you poor baby," she said.

Mrs.Greyson is a full-fledged mother.

She made her way towards Ricardo, who leaned back slightly. "Are you okay?"

"Mom! He hurt me! I'm the one with broke-"

"Oh! Shush! You're fine! They told me you were the one who punched first!"

Josh rolled his eyes and folded his arms as a pout began to emerge. Mrs.Greyson settles herself down on the edge of the bed with Mr.Greyson behind her. "How are you doing?"

Ricardo's eyes maneuvered around the room, body shifting restlessly. "I'm good," his voice someone pitches slightly.

She places a hand on top of his. "I'm sorry for Joshua. He's been overly spoiled by his father."

"My child whenever he's bad," Mr.Greyson grumbled.

She ignored his comment and merely smiled at Ricardo. "What's your name?"

Ricardo shifted his bed around the bed once more. "Ricardo Winston," he replied formally.

Mr. Greyson's eyes narrowed towards Ricardo. Mrs.Greyson smiled, "Will you forgive Joshua?"

"Only if he apologizes."

"Honey. I'm not negotiating. I'm only saying that out of formalities," she said, and Ricardo's smile dropped. "You broke my son's rib, but you're sitting here with all of yours," she squeezes his hands.

"Here is the thing," she said. She turned her body, "Both of you apologize and promise you will never fight again because God damn it-" she stood up, wobbling slightly. "I am not in the mood to deal with this-" she looks at the kids who, one by one, left the room. The door closed, "bullshit."

Everyone stared at her.

"This fucking bullshit of an excuse to fight! I will not be fucking deal with this boys will be boys crap right now because fucking damn it; I am fucking pregnant and too fucking hungry to hear this fucking-"

Hormones. Pregnancy hormones. Lots of it.

"Sweetheart. Sweetheart," Mr.Greyson said, chuckling anxiously as he massages her shoulders, "I think the boys get it. Don't fight."

She nodded and laughed, a terrifying one. "I'm so sorry, boys." She flips her hair back, "I just thought something big happened, and someone died, so I was worried." She nodded, "But you're both okay and alive. Yeah? Yeah? Moreover, you both forgive each other. Right? Right?"

Silence.

"Right?!" Mrs.Greyson screamed.

Josh and Ricardo mumbled words of agreement, but I can tell it's insincere.

"I'll take that," she said, with a broad smile on her face. "I'm hungry. I'm going to get something to eat." She pats Mr. Greyson's shoulder, "Go take care of your son," she walks out of the door.

We all released a deep breath.

Mr.Greyson looks at Ricardo and sighs. "Of course," he mumbled underneath his breath before shaking his head. "Ricardo," he said. "I will be discussing this matter with your father. Mr.Davenson will carry out the punishment. Follow what he says."

"You know my father?" Ricardo question.

"Yes."

"Business?"

There was a brief silence lingering in the air as Mr.Greysin and Ricardo stare at one another. It feels as if they were holding some mental conversation that I wasn't allowed to participate in.