II. Beautiful Girl

A G E
Hailey Vaughn: 13 years old
Joshua Greyson: 15 years old

Hailey's POV:

I snuggle deeper into the comfortable bed. Sticky sweats were covering every inch of my body as my lungs tried to function correctly. Etching myself into the hard bare skin, I hear a groaning sound exit beside me.

A groaning sound?

Lifting my head, I take a few blinks, feeling warm air blowing onto my face. The sun peeks through the dark blue curtains, casting shadows on his tan features. His long lashes rest, covering his beautiful orbs. Slight baby fats color with a shade of tan cheeks squish against my forehead.

Elegantly, like sleeping beauty, his lids crack open. He flutters his long lashes a few times, scrunching his fist and rubbing his tired eyes. Then, an animalistic yawn surface, ruining the enchanting moment. He stretches a single-arm, releasing the tension in his aching muscles, then throws it back on top of me and begins sleeping again.

"It's so hot," he grumbles into my moisten neck.

I scoff, pushing his burning body back. "Because you're sleeping with like three blankets!" I try to exhale through the dense layers.

"Last night was cold," he mutters.

"Because you blasted on the AC!"

There's a momentary silence lingering in the air. "I'm a complicated guy."

I kick his stomach, and he grunts, releasing me. Rolling off the bed, I reach for my glasses and pop them on. When I turned back, Joshua fell back to sleep with his mouth wide open, ready to catch a fly.

I exhale, running my fingers through my tangles, and walk towards the bathroom to get ready for the day. I stop walking, feeling the cold surface rushing through my soles. "Wait. How did Josh get into my bedroom last night?" I whisper.

My parent's bedroom door opens, and dad steps out, fixing his red tie. "Good morning." He kisses my forehead, "Who are you talking to?"

My eyes automatically maneuver towards my light pink bedroom door, and I mentally curse myself, realizing he notices my odd behavior.

He clenches his fists and marches towards my bedroom, slamming it open. "Joshua Greyson! How many times do I have to tell you! Stop crawling into my daughter's bedroom!"

I sigh and drag my legs towards the bathroom to get ready for the day. While brushing my teeth, I stare into the mirror. My hand lowers towards the extra fat on my stomach. I exhale, then open the door when I realize the screams are increasing.

Josh rushed out of my bedroom, trying to button up his pants. "You know what Mr.Vaughn? It's not my fault you didn't install better security!" he laughs.

"I'm going to kill you!" Dad shouts, waving a slipper in the air.

Josh rushes down the hallway, while mom appears from the room, still in her blue robe. "Oh, good morning Joshua. Will you be staying for breakfast?" she asks, with her natural sweet smile, as she rushes her fingers through her blonde hair.

He pulls on his loose black shirt. "Thank you Mrs.Vaughn, but your husband is trying to murder me right now with a slipper," he said quickly, before planting a kiss on my forehead then ran downstairs while I continue brushing my teeth.