XXXIII. You're Fine

Hailey's POV:

"No!" Josh and Ricardo screamed.

"Why not?" Mr.Davenson asked.

"A-Are you crazy?" Josh spluttered.

He lifted a brow. "Eccentric," he corrected Josh before standing up. Mr.Davenson settles against the corner of the desk. "Is it not a good idea to you, Mister Greyson?"

Josh stood up, "Of course not!"

It's not a good idea for me either.

Why doesn't anyone ask how I feel about this situation?

"Fine," Mr.Davenson responds.

Josh slump back down on the chair. "Thank you," he threw an arm upward.

"Miss Vaughn and Mister Winston could be roommates together," Mr.Davenson said, causing Josh and my eyes to widen.

That is an even worse idea.

"What?" we screamed simultaneously. Ricardo continued to sit there.

Mr.Davenson settles down on his chair and opens a folder. "Since Mister Greyson is against rooming with Mister Winston. I got no choice but to separate you two." He points a finger at Josh and Ricardo before pulling the fingers apart.

"Why does Hailey have to room with him, though?" Josh asked.

Yeah, why does Hailey have to room with him?

"Because your room has a single bed," Mr.Davenson folds his hands together. "Did you two know you only have one bed?"

I glanced at Josh and who looked downward. Steadily, his body maneuvered down as his legs extended. He held his chin against his knuckle and bit his thumb, "Oh."

"May I know why there is only one bed in your bedroom?" Mr.Davenson asked. Since Josh wouldn't answer, he looks at me.

"Because...I can't afford a bed," I whisper in a low tone.

He looks at Josh, who stares at the painting to his left.

Mr.Davenson clears his throat. "Since Mister Greyson was in that room first. It seems fitting for you to stay in that bedroom. Unfortunately, I cannot allow Miss Vaughn to stay since there is only one bed. Hence, I will move Mister Winston and Miss Vaughn to a different dormitory since the Golden Dorm is full." He looks at Ricardo, "Are you okay with that?"

Ricardo looks at Josh, who was glaring at him. He smirks, "Not a problem with me."

"Any objections?"

I was too stunned to say anything.

"No! No! No!" Josh profoundly rejected the proposal. I'm quite sure if I could speak, I would reject it too.

"Then, what do you suggest?" Mr. Davenson's question.

I looked at Josh and pleaded for backup.

***

Sitting on my spinning chair, I sigh. I grab the hem of my shirt and pull it over my legs. I rest my chin against my knees and stare at the strange men entering and exiting the bedroom to install the bunk beds.

I glance to my side to see Josh sitting on his spinning chair, arms crossed, and a massive pout on his face.

Mr.Davenson stepped inside and nodded in approval of the new bunk beds, "Good," he said and looked around. "Anyone got any problems?"

Josh continued sulking.

Ricardo steps forward, "I want to sleep at the top."

Josh glared at him, "I don't fucking care."