XVII. Detention. Suspension. Expulsion.

Hailey's POV:

I analyzed the age-old Gameboy.

The item belonged to my dad, but he gave it to Alvin, who somehow managed to keep it in one piece.

Josh came out in his crisp, clean school outfit. He fixed his tie. "Doesn't that belong to Alvin?" I don't know how he managed to remember my younger brother's possession. But that's Josh. Sassy mouth and keen brain.

"Yeah," I responded. "He gave it to me."

"I thought he cherished it like it's his life."

"I gave him my bracelet, so he gave me his Gameboy."

"Sounds like an unfair trade."

I sat up from the bed, "You're not going to ask me why?"

"All I need to know is, you conned your younger brother out of a collectible."

"Collectible?"

"Yeah. Plus, it's a limited edition, so that probably adds some value."

I look at the piece of junk in my hands, "What?"

"Considering how it's the first edition. It probably adds up to a few thousand."

"How do you know?"

Josh packed his school stuff. "I tried to buy it off of him a while back, but he said no amount of money is worth it."

"How much did you offer?"

"Nothing really. I just told him I'll buy it from him."

A bell dinged. "You were going to low bar my brother!"

He shrugged, "I'm on an allowance limit."

I gasp, "How dare you!" I neatly packed away the Gameboy to make sure there weren't any more scratches.

Once I strapped on my backpack, we made our way to class.

"So-" he said slowly, "Your brother gave that to you."

I look at him.

"It belongs to you now."

"No," I respond.

"Come on!" Josh whined. "I'll buy it off of you."

"No!" I'm not going to sell away my younger brother's gifts even though it's incredibly tempting. Also, there's a possibility he doesn't know the worth of the Gameboy. If I sell it and he finds out, it would only spell trouble.

Josh hugs me from behind, "Come on...girlfriend." The elevator door opens, and we walk in. "It will make your boyfriend very happy." He leans forward and shows me a large smile.

"How dare you! If you were really my boyfriend-" which he isn't, "then you would understand I'm the family first kind of person."

Josh made a light tch sound before he released me. Then, it started - the pout.

Josh pouted from the elevator to my classroom.

"Josh-"

He folded his arms and pouted.

"I'm not going to sell you the Gameboy."

He pouted even harder.

I grunted before I walked into the classroom. There's no talking to him when he pouts like that. When I laid my backpack on the counter, Josh walked by the window. Of course, he had his arms folded and a large pout to express his unnecessary dissatisfaction.

"What's wrong with him?" Crystal asked.

"I dunno. He's your cousin."

Crystal leaned back slightly '"I would like to be unsubscribed from that attitude."