L. Ski Trip Part I

Hailey's POV:

Josh had been quiet ever since he came back from his fishing trip.

I scribble on the piece of paper and erase it. My eyes peek towards the bed to see Josh reading a book with a single muscular arm behind his head. He exhales loudly, then turns the page.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

He chuckles, a single one, "Don't use me as a distraction. You have exams this week."

Josh is right. I am using him as a distraction.

The door opens, and I turn the chair. I smile, "Hi, Ricardo!"

"Hey."

Josh looks up from the book, "Sup."

Ricardo drops the duffle bag onto his bed. "Sup." Ever since Josh and Ricardo got back from the fishing trip - I didn't even know Ricardo went - they haven't been fighting as much. I guess they just need some time together.

I chew on the tip of the pencil, "How are you, Ricardo?"

He took off his shirt and threw it on the table. I fought the urge to swallow as his defined muscles crunch against one another. From what I heard, Ricardo hits the gym pretty frequently.

I can feel it. Someone is staring at me. My eyes turn towards the bed to see Josh still reading the book.

"Good," Ricardo responded.

I turned the chair back, and Ricardo had a new shirt on. "How is-"

"Stop," Ricardo said, pulling out a book. "I need to study."

"Right," I said, twisting the chair around.

Someone knocks on the door, "I'll get-"

"No, I'll get it," Josh said. He made his way to the door and opened it.

"Hey, cuz!"

I scoot the chair closer to the door to see Crystal, but Josh's stupid large body was in the way. With a deep exhale, I twiddle the chair back towards the desk.

I caught Ricardo looking at the door.

We made eye contact.

He looks back down towards the book.

"Hey, Crystal. What's up?"

"I want to know if HayHay is free."

"No, she is busy studying."

"Come on, cuz! Just one hour!"

"No."

"But-"

"No."

"B-But I'm so bored!"

"No."

"Fine."

"Good."

Crystal exhale, "Spaghetti, are you free?"

When I feel the dark aura behind me, I scoot closer to the desk. I cover my face with the book.

"Why do you need him?" Josh's voice does not sound pleasant.

"So we can hang out." Counter to Josh. Crystal sounds like she is having fun.

"No."

"What? Why not?"

"Because I said so."

"You sound more and more like Uncle Matt each day." I can hear some grunting sound from behind. Crystal was fighting Josh for entrance into the room. "Let me in! I promise I won't be a distraction!"