III. Scavenger Hunt

Hailey's POV:

Josh and I spent the whole day inside the treehouse. We found boardgames underneath the floorboard. It's odd. The more we explored, the more unusual things we found.

"You mean, you never explored the treehouse?" I asked.

Josh leaps on top of the log, "Nope."

I grabbed his hand, "Then, what do you do in there?"

"Play hooky."

"What? Then, what's the point of finding a new secret base?" I squealed. "We should come up with a base name."

Josh laughs, "Alright. What do you wanna name it?"

I walk backward, "Okay. You know about M.I.N.D and how cool their acronym sounds?"

Josh nods.

"What if we made our own club? Call it-" I hum, "Joshie Bug?"

Josh smiles, "No. I don't think so."

"Then, what do you have in mind? Mister, I can come up with a great name."

"Was that supposed to be an insult?"

"Depends. Does it hurt?"

"No. Not really."

I pout and speed up my pace. I cannot believe he rejected my suggestion. I thought Joshie Bug was a cute name for our club. Plus, it's not like anyone else will be in it.

"It's embarrassing," Josh said. "If our members heard about it. They would never allow us to live it down."

I stopped walking and turned around. Were we going to invite other people?

"We are going to have other members, right?" It's as if he read my mind.

"That would've been the logical thought." Of course, a club will have other members. It wouldn't be just Josh and me. Together, we're a duo, not a group.

Josh smiles, "Unless my girlfriend-"

I point a stern finger at him to shut him up. "No teasing."

He placed his hands in the air and passed me. "No teasing, but I still don't like the name." I glared at him. Josh grins, "How about we don't give it a name. Just call it treehouse."

My nose crunches, "Sounds boring."

"Boring doesn't catch people's interest."

"So, if I want to meet you at the treehouse. I would just say-"

"I'll see you at the treehouse." He salutes me.

"And we're just going to give away our base just like that?"

Josh shrugs, "Only if others can find it." He slaps his palms together. "That's it! That's the test. If they can find the treehouse, then they're automatically admitted into the club!" He cheered at his idea.

I nodded, "That sounds good." I gave him a high five, and he tangled our hands together. I puffed my cheeks as we continued to walk back. "We should bring some stuff here next time to decorate it. The snow globes and fairy lights are cool, but I feel like we can do more."

Josh laughs, "Sounds like a date."

Date. Date. Date!

I tucked my lips over my teeth to fight the emerging smile. When we got back to the Golden Dormitory, an envelope was taped in front of our door. We looked around the hallway to find it empty.

Josh groan, "I forgot about this."

"What is it?" I asked.

Josh rips off the envelope, "We'll talk about it inside." I noticed a few voices were coming towards us.