XI. J&H

Hailey's POV:

I rested on the bed while Josh sat in front of the cashier and paid for all the furniture. Once I hear the ding, I roll off of it and walk toward his side. My eyes almost popped out of my socket when I saw the final price. I look at Josh, who smiles and puffs out his chest while handing the cashier his card.

Afterward, Josh and I head out for a quick snack before going to Pandora's dormitory. I rest my chin on the metal table while Josh grabs us the pretzels. Twisting my legs together, I felt the most considerable urge to pee.

I took out my phone and message Josh, then looked at him until he received it. Josh pulled out his phone.

Hay Bug: The sprinklers are about to burst.

Joshie Pooh: Plug it.

I look up at Josh, who made a circle with his thumb and forefinger then pokes his finger through it while wiggling his brows.

Indiscreetly, I flip him off before going to the restroom.

I finish the bathroom and pat my flat stomach, ready to eat a delicious pretzel. I grip onto the strap of my purse when I saw Josh with the salty pretzel. A smile appears on my face, and I lift a hand in the air. I was about to call him until I saw him following this random girl.

He lifts a hand and does a karate chop on her head, causing my mouth to drop. "About time!" he said.

She places a hand on her hands on her head and turns around, "Why?!"

Josh stands there, body in a frozen mood as he looks at the stranger.

I walk up behind him. "Josh, why did you just karate chop a stranger's head?"

"I thought she was you...I was giving a divine punishment for making me wait," he mumbles, cheeks turned extremely red. He set his attention back towards the lady. "I'm sorry for karate chopping you. I thought you were her." He gave an awkward smile and shrugged.

The strange girl's cheeks turn light pink as she openly checks out Josh. She nods once. "Don't go chopping other people's heads anymore even if they do look like your girlfriend," she said in a stern voice.

"I understand," he politely responds.

She walks away, rubbing her head, and I smile, knowing it's better her than me, being karate chop.

"Did she just call me your girlfriend?" I ask.

"Yeah," he responds blankly.

"But, I'm not-"

He takes my hand. "Meh, too much work to explain to her. Just go with it," he said, leading us towards the game arcade. "Geez, all short people look alike from up here," he grumbles.

I gave him the dirtiest look possible. "We do not!"

He shrugs.

"How can you say that? I don't say all tall people look alike from down here!"

Josh gave me a tight smile. "Technically, if you don't look up. All tall people look the same from down there," his sarcastic comment is irritating my very sour soul.