LXXII. Momentary Happiness

Hailey's POV:

I bit my inner cheeks and nod. If I talk now, I may squeal out of excitement.

One step after another, the raging beats continuously increase. The hallway is empty. Everyone must be inside. When Crystal finds out about the party, she asks if she can plan it. Crystal had never disappointed when it came to parties. So, I said yes.

When I took a step into the room, there was an explosion in my brain...the good one. The type that carries a rush of positive adrenaline that made every part of my body tingles.

I tighten my grip around Josh's arm when everyone twirls their heads towards us. There were some unfamiliar faces. Some of the people I invited must have brought friends.

"HayHay!" Crystal rushes towards us. She held my hands. "Happy?"

I look around, from the massive gifts to all my favorite food, and nod. "Super happy."

Crystal squeals, "Told you, I can do it." She puffed up her chest and gave Josh a smug smile.

Josh rolled his eyes, "Yes. Yes. You're the best."

Crystal evaluates me. "You're beautiful, HayHay." She hugs me.

"Thank you."

The whole party went well. There weren't a lot of people, just the way I like it. Everyone was dressed up as their favorite character, Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Little Mermaid, Cinderella, and the lovely character. Some wore casual clothes, and it was alright since dressing up was optional.

Josh smiled, "Do you remember when we did a Pixar party?"

I smile and nod, "I remember because a certain someone came as Mike Wazowski and puked because he had too much cake."

"You were the one who wanted to taste a bit of every cake!"

"You didn't have to follow me!"

"I had to follow you! My parents forced me to, or else you would fall asleep somewhere random with cake all over your body. The party can't end when the birthday girl is lost!"

"Well, thank you," I said. "I had a good time eating cake with you."

"I like the costume. I get to match with the birthday girl." I was also Mike Wazowski for my birthday. The whole time everyone would tease us about the matching costumes. I cried. He yelled. Then, I retaliated. We got closer because of that.

"So, which guy is it?" That question caught me off-guard.

"What?"

His ocean blues fade slightly when he smiles, "Which guy is it? I mean, I thought I would know at this party." He looks around the ballroom. "But, I never knew you knew so many black-haired blue eyes guys who live in the Golden Dormitory."

Yup. I invited every single black-haired blue eyes guy who lives in the Golden Dormitory. I can't let Josh be the only one with that physical feature on my birthday.

When I look back, I notice how close his face was to mine. He smiles, "If I knew any better, I would say you have a preference for guys with black hair and blue eyes."

"Cake time!" Crystal announces.

I tried not to run away, but my legs were dying to escape. I sat in the center, and everyone surrounded me. The lights dimmed as Josh brought out the two-layer cake.

"Happy Birthday to You

Happy Birthday to You

Happy Birthday Dear Hailey