I. You Know

Hailey's POV:

Josh and I had been a couple for a month.

The best month of my life.

"Happy one monthiversary Hay Bug." Josh hands me the bouquet. It was a beautiful bundle filled with the perfect type of flowers. I don't know what colors are in my hands because I'm lost in the color blue.

I bit my lower lip and grabbed it. "Happy one monthiversary Joshie Pooh." I handed him a box of homemade chocolate. I made it from the student's kitchen when Josh was in practice.

Josh smiles, and steadily he lowers and kisses my lips. I still can't get used to it. His warm kisses. When he inches away, I bite my lower lip, fighting against the tingly sensation inside my tummy.

"Oh, my stomach," Ahmend said. He pretends to throw up. "I'm out of here before my actual breakfast comes out."

Crystal's face was the ugliest I've ever seen. "This is a new level of disgusting. I'd rather be in class." She threw two hands in the air and walked away from us.

"Hm," Tyson said. "Well, I thought I could handle this, but it turns out I can't. You're both disgusting, and being here reminds me how sad my love life seems to be. See you at practice!" He walks down the hall.

How long have the three of them been standing there?

Josh chuckles and looks back at me. "They're just jealous."

I lean against the lockers, "Maybe, this is a bit too much."

Josh leans forward, a single palm resting beside my head. "I feel like we're not doing enough."

"Hm?"

Josh inches closer to my face until his nose hits mine. I squeal slightly when his arm wraps around my waist. And with the other one, he grabs the bundle of flowers away from me. I swallow profoundly as his hot breath scatters across my lips.

Then, without warning, his lips hit mine. After a brief hesitation, I went on my toes and wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

We've been doing this a lot too.

At first, it was weird.

Especially with the practice makeout sessions. Yes, we had training makeout sessions before actually making out in public. We even researched together how to kiss better.

But, like Josh says: "The more we do it. The more we'll get used to it."

He pressed me against the row of lockers, and his tongue entered my mouth. I can taste the strawberry gum inside. My hands scrunched the back of his uniform, and my legs wobbled. He's too tall. Without a single effort, Josh lifts me with one arm. I squealed slightly in surprise before I resumed my actions.

I parted our lips, "Okay. I think-" Josh kisses my neck. "I think that-" The wires inside my mind malfunction with each wet kiss.

I should stop Josh. Kissing is normal between couples, but we're a fake couple. Wouldn't it be weird to kiss too long? Then again, we're trying to convince the school that we're together. For goodness sake, his waist is between my legs. How much more do we have to do to convince others that we are a couple?

Last night, Josh says he heard from other people that they aren't convinced we're together. So, we have to try harder to persuade others. He says the reason why the guy I like - yes, the guy I like - isn't more assertive towards me is because he believes those rumors.

How we're faking it.

I like kissing him, so I went with it.

I feel like each day, I'm digging myself a deeper hole that seems impossible to get out of. Soon, the hole will be so deep; I won't be able to see sunlight.