LV. How Unfair

Joshua's POV:

"I don't think you have the right to tell me who I can and can't like." I walk towards her until my body hovers over hers. I crouched down, and my face hangs above her sudden red one. "Don't you ever-" the tone in my voice drops, "ever call the girl I love stupid again."

She scoffs, "Or else what?" Jasmine isn't the type of girl who is afraid of a threat. Instead, she closed the distance between us. "You're going to hurt me?" I can tell this situation amuses her.

"From what I know, the Rose's family has quite the uprising this year." The smile faded from her face. "Don't want that to be ruined, do you?"

"Threatening me, Greyson?"

"You're a friend. I would never." I smile, "But, do watch your words next time." I mess up her wet hair and walk away.

And now I'm pissed.

Everyone was passed out inside the room. It didn't matter where they were lying. They were off to dreamland.

A quick shower and change of clothes didn't de-escalate the emotions.

Sometimes, I wish I could be more like my dad. When someone pisses you off, simply push them off a cliff. It's translated to bankrupt their company.

Yup.

That's my dad.

Once, someone made mom cry at a party in front of everyone, before my parents got married, and dad ruined their family. Everything was gone in a blink of an eye. Wealth. Status. Power. Reputation.

Poof.

Gone.

Problem solved.

No one else messes with you.

That seems appealing right now.

But, I was raised to be better than that.

Mom would always remind me of that. She knows dad isn't exactly a straight path kind of man. Good husband. Good father. Horrible role model.

Mom is probably afraid I'll be like dad when I grow up because I look like him the most. Apparently, I'm a reflection of dad's younger days.

How unfair.

I don't choose how I look.

I threw on my coat and made my way out of the room and towards the fireplace. There's barely anyone in the lobby. It's nice. Quiet.

I close my eyes and snuggle deeper into the single couch.

"Why are you here?"

I want to ask the same question.

I look up to see Crystal. "I thought you passed out." I want to close my eyes badly.

She sat on the empty chair beside me. "Quick sober."

"Ah," I respond. I don't really care.

Crystal exhales, "Thinking about Hailey again?"

"Hm."

"You're young. Why are you overthinking things? You like Hailey, and Hailey likes you. Keep it straight. Keep it simple, cuz."

"Hm."

"Being the good guy sure is hard, isn't it? You want to confess, but at the same time, you want to respect her parents' wishes."

I exhale and cross my arms. My body slides down the chair, "Hm."

"Have you tried withdrawing? Pushing Hailey into confessing her feelings? Loophole."

I chuckle, "I don't want her to be hurt."