XIII. Meeting the Roommate

Hailey's POV:

"Look at the ass on the girl."

"What is she wearing? Even my maid won't wear that!"

I looked down at my clothes and wondered if I could become her maid. If her maid dressed better than me, they must be doing really well!

I walk towards the front rectangular brown desk seeing a cute boy popping up. His blonde hair scatters across his freckled cheeks that rest on his palm. "Sup, I'm Austin. How can I help you?" His voice had a southern accent in it.

Austin unsurely glances at the sticky name tag I slap on myself earlier. Josh thought it's stupid of me to do it, but what does he know - he makes poor decisions every day. "Hay-lee?"

I nod, placing down the items in my arms on top of the desk. "Yes, that's me."

He chuckles, rushing his fingers through his blonde locks, revealing his glassy eyes. I stood there, staring at him while he pinned his eyes back. "I'm a Junior," he suddenly declares. I give him a single nod. "Scholarship student."

Hesitantly, I gave him another nod. "Okay. That's nice to know?"

Austin smiles. "I don't want you to fall for me then later found out that my family is poor."

I return his smile. "Well, here...my family is considered poor too."

His eyes study me momentarily. "I find that hard to believe."

"Why?"

"Because you're living here," he emphasizes, pointing two fingers downward. "In this building."

"So?"

"This is called the Golden Dormitory, where every student had to be from some sort of prestigious family to live here."

I look around the quiet lobby, noticing a pure white couch that seemed to have never been touched as well as complimentary coffee plus tea laying in the corner. Everything is spotless, from the glass table, holding stacks of magazines to the patterned blue and white carpet as if no one had ever walked through this place. It looks more like a five-star hotel than a school dormitory.

"Maybe I'm at the wrong building," I said.

Austin places out a hand. "Here. I'll check out your name," he said, and I hand him my student ID. "Freshman," he hummed and scanned my ID.

I rest my elbows against the counter. "Mind telling me more about the dorms?"

He laughs, banging his hand against his thigh. "I get it now. You skipped orientation, didn't you? That's why you're finally checking into the dorms," his voice echoed through the quiet lobby as my cheeks held a pink blush. I nod ashamedly while he keeps a cheeky smile on his lips.

Austin reverts his attention from the screen to me. "At Pandora Academy, there are four dormitories, each build-up to ten levels with fifteen rooms per level holding up to roughly six hundred students freshmen to seniors. There are also two ground levels, but those are restricted ones where only special students and faculties can access."

I remember how I read something like on the online website - except the ground levels.

"Right now, you're standing in the Golden Dorm-" he spines his chair around. "then, there are Silver, Bronze, and Zinc," he smiles.