XXIX. Males' Behavior

Hailey's POV:

"I'm a virgin by choice," Josh said.

"Yeah, no choice," Crystal replied. She slapped a hand on her thigh with her head tilted back.

Josh rolled his eyes, knowing Crystal is joking. After all, Josh could lose his v-card anytime he wants. I gripped my books at the thought of that.

***

"Absolutely."

"Absolutely?"

"Yeah. I want just one. Someone whom I can laugh and smile with even after death."

"After death?"

"Yeah, someone I want to be with even in the afterlife."

"That's corny."

"I consider myself a sucker for romance."

***

Crystal tugged at my arm. "So, when are we going to go shopping?"

"For what?"

"The Golden Party...duh."

"Didn't you just get a bunch of new clothes from Paris?" I asked.

"I meant for you."

I smiled, "I have a dress." I have a single dress hidden in my closet, somewhere. Growing up with the shape of a pumpkin, I prefer baggy sweats and massive boyish t-shirts over dresses. The only reason why I have that dress is because Josh brought it for me.

Crystal rolled her eyes, "Please, don't tell me it's that dress that makes you look like a walking stick of corn."

"That dress does not make her look like corn," Josh responded.

"You only say that because you're the one who got her that dress, without my approval," Crystal snapped.

"Dad likes that dress."

"You brought that dress with Uncle Matt? The man who says his wife looks good wearing a dress that makes her look like a Chinese New Year envelope."

Josh pointed a finger at her, "That was one time."

I couldn't disagree with Crystal's statement. Once, Mrs.Greyson decided to allow Mr.Greyson to choose her dress for a party, and she ended up looking like a Chinese New Year envelope, mainly since he did her eye makeup with a shade of gold.

Crystal placed a palm in front of Josh and turned towards me. "Ignore the fashion criminal. We are going party shopping."

"Who's going party shopping?" Ahmend's voice popped up with two females attached to his arms per usual, along with a sly grin.

"We are," I replied. I waved at the girls, who rolled their eyes at me. I don't even know why I try to make friends outside of this circle.

"Oh, cool! When are we going?" he asked.

"Not we-" Crystal circulates her finger, "but we." She hung an arm over my shoulder.

"Why can't Josh or I go?"

"Girl's Night."

Madison passed by us with Mason at her side, per usual, along with the group of students lurking behind them. "Great! I'm in!" she responded, without looking up from her cell phone. She left the hallway before Crystal could rebuttal.

"Please?" Ahmend added.

"You're not going," she replied firmly.

"You're not a dog, so why are you being such a bitch."