XLI. Failure

Hailey's POV:

Josh stood behind me, pressing his hands against my waist. His heated body was scorching every inch of my body, and I released a hazy breath. I glanced up, feel his warm breath fogging my neck. "Are you sure?" he whispered into my ear.

I nodded, "I need it...so desperately."

He gripped his hands tightly, then lifted me.

I smiled and grabbed my favorite box of cereal. He placed me down, and I smiled widely. "Thank goodness you're here! That box of cereal was way up there!" I pretended to wipe the imaginary sweat off my forehead.

"Ready to study?"

I drop the cereal box, grabbed my backpack, and ran away.

"Hailey!" Josh screamed down the hallway.

"I won't! I'm not ready!" His study sessions are a hellhole.

"I was talking about la-"

I was already gone.

By the time I got to class, I was out of breath. I settled my backpack down on the ground and was greeted by two familiar-looking people, one that shouldn't be here. "Crystal?"

"Hi, HayHay," she smiles widely.

Taniyah continues typing on her keyboard as if everything is normal. The click-clacking sound of each key doesn't seem to bother anyone. The voices of each person weren't particularly loud, but it wasn't quiet either as we all waited for Mr.Timberland.

Taniyah stops typing, "Why are you here?"

"Because my mom thinks going to the same school as my cousin and HayHay will be a good influence on me."

"Pushing aside that your mom drops you in a boarding school because you're a spoiled brat aside. I'm asking you why you're here in this classroom."

Crystal smiles, "Wow. You're still such a bitch, but I can't stop liking you."

Taniyah glances at me, "You seem so much more tolerable now."

"Good morning class," Mr.Timberland walks inside the classroom and closes the door. He places the suitcase on top of the desk and looks up. "How are-" he stops talking when he made eye contact with Crystal.

She places her hand in the air and wiggles her fingers. "Good morning!"

"Crystal Martinez?"

Crystal nods, "Present!"

"Why are you here?"

"Because my mom thinks going to the same school as my cousin and HayHay will be a good influence on me," she squishes my cheek.

"No, I mean, why are you here...in this classroom?"

"Weird. Tani and I had the same conversation earlier."

"Oh God, please don't call me Tani," Taniyah shook her head.

Mr.Timberland brows furrow together. "Miss Martinez, I'm not sure if you heard about me-"

"Oh, I heard about you," she winks.

"Then, you must know I'm not the type of person who likes playing games," he settles his bum on top of his desk. "Why are you here?"

Crystal exhales, before rummaging through her bag. She stood up and handed Mr.Timberland a note before settling back down with cupped hands. Mr.Timberland scans the note before his hand drops to his thigh. "How is it possible for you to get kicked out of a classroom?"

"Well, you know those rumors you always hear of a teacher hating a student?" Mr.Timberland nods. "Well, in my case, my previous teacher hates me alot and wanted me to be expelled!"