XXXVIII. Golden Party

Hailey's POV:

I know it's cliche to think this, but - I feel like a princess.

I grab the dress and swirl once more before a giggle like action burst out of my lungs.

"What's so funny in there?" Josh screams from outside the bathroom.

"Nothing!"

"Nothing sounds like something! I'm coming in!"

When I heard the rattling sound of the doorknob, I slammed back against the door. "No! Don't enter!"

Josh manages to crack the door open slightly, "Why not?"

"Because! I'm in the dress for the party tonight, and you can't see it!"

"We're going to the party together," Josh said in a dull voice.

Josh and I decided to go together so that we can be each other plus one.

In a way, it works.

"Yeah, but I haven't put on my makeup, and it'll expel all the magic in the dress if you see me ugly!" My brows furrow together, and I repeat the words to try to make some sense of what I'm saying.

Josh exhales, "Fine. Fine. I will see it tonight when I pick you up."

"That makes no sense. We're roommates."

"Not allowing me to see the dress without your makeup on despite having to see you every day without it makes sense?"

My eyes narrow, "Touche."

"I'm off to a meeting. Call me if you need anything." The door fully closes.

"Will do!"

When I heard a distant door slam, I peek my head out of the bathroom to see an empty room. One foot outward and then the other, I swirl around the room until I reach the tall frame mirror. I halt my actions and flip my hair back, "Hello, fabulous lady. Would you like to dance tonight?" I wink to myself.

Then, I place a hand on my chest, "Oh, I don't know. If I danced with you, then I must dance with all the men who asked me before you."

I flip my hair again to change my persona, "Then, you shall simply dance with only me," my eyes narrow, "Because you, the most beautiful woman in this room, belong to me."

I threw my head back in a fainting like manner and rested my hand above my forehead. "If you want me, you must duel every man here."

"Then, duel, I shall," I deepen my voice before grabbing my invisible sword. "En-gaaaahhhhh!" My invisible sword dropped to the ground when I saw a guy standing at the door.

"What are you doing?" Ricardo asks.

I smile, "Fighting for a maiden's hand?"

His eyes drop down, and then it motions back up. He nods slowly, "I see. Therapy must be going really well, isn't it?"

I tilt my head, "I'm not in therapy."

"Consider being in it." He made his way towards the bunk bed and threw a duffle bag on top of it. Finally, snapping back into reality and out of my embarrassment - I'm still embarrassed - I realized he was quite sweaty.

"Went to the gym?"

Ricardo halts his action of taking off his shoes before resuming it. "Yeah." He places his shoes on the shoe rack.

I scratch my head, "How was it?"

Ricardo exhales and stands up straight. He folded his arms, very muscular arms, "Do you really care?"