V. Welcome to the Big Apple

Hailey's POV:

I can feel her nodding on my shoulder. "Please, keep that in mind, sweetheart."

Mom let me go, and I released a deep breath of air and grabbed my luggage. Rolling it down the blue and white tiles, I hold tightly onto the plane ticket. My body turns, seeing my parents along with my brother standing there, staring at me.

"Send me cool games!" Alvin screams.

I snort and nod before handing the lady my ticket and ID. Tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, I roll the luggage into the narrow hallway. When I enter the plane, a man greets me, and I smile. My eyes lurk around, scanning the room, realizing there were only eight seats, many occupied by businessmen.

"Woah," I said, looking at my plane ticket, realizing it's first class. "Joshua!" I hissed his name under my breath since he was the one who sent me the ticket.

A man helped me push up my bag, and I hesitantly sat down. A lady in a neatly worn blue outfit arrives. "Is there anything you would like today, miss?"

"Water, please," I reply, with a grim smile.

Releasing a breath of air, I look in front of me and jolt back. There's a guy who seems to be in his teens years, staring at me. He rests his elbow on the seat, legs cross, and everything about him screams - I'm better than you.

I avert my eyes, feeling his burning on the side of my temple. He tilts his head, causing me to get a better look at him from my peripheral view. I tilt my head slightly. "Can I help you?" I ask, wanting to disappear into the comfortable seat.

He ran his fingers across his luscious, looking lips. "No, but I can help you."

I lift a brow. "What?"

"You seem stressed."

Truthfully speaking, I am stressed. I'm moving across the country, leaving my friends and family behind to be with my best friend, who I like, but he is way out of my league.

My leg began shaking as I bit my nail, wanting to punch the guy across from me who keeps smirking. "What?" I scowl.

He stands up and flops beside me. "I'm Ahmend Laghari," he grins.

I leaned back and smiled awkwardly. "Nice to meet you...stranger."

His brows furrowed together. "I'm Ahmend Laghari," he repeats his name.

I nod, "I heard...you're Ahmend Laghari."

He rests his elbow on the armrest, placing his chin on his fist. "You don't know who I am?"

"Should I?"

Ahmend bit his knuckles, eyes examining me. "Well, this is refreshing," he smiles, leaning back on the hair.

I smell the air, "Yeah; I guess it is refreshing in here."

He laughs, slapping his hand on his thigh while I sit there, staring at him. I look around, wondering if I should move to a new seat. Just when I was about to stand up, he sat up straighter, long limbs blocking me. "What's your name?"