XXXVII. Spoon Me

Hailey's POV:

I sigh, pressing my head against the cool cafeteria table. Never would I expect to work with two people who probably hate me. Taniyah Sosa, understandable, since I did bother her. Ricardo Winston, again reasonable, since I was the reason why he got suspended before even starting school.

Josh continues running his fingers through my hair, attempting to coo me. I notified him about my situation earlier. He said he would try his best to be there for me whenever I meet Ricardo and Taniyah. However, with his school duties, I doubt he can be there often.

"So, Vaughn, are the rumors true. I didn't know you were that type of girl," Ahmend said.

"What rumors? What type of girl?" I asked, planting my chin against the table.

Josh smacks the back of Ahmend's head. "Don't you call her names."

Ahmend feels the back of his head. "I'm just joking."

"What rumors?" I asked once more.

Crystal shot Ahmend a nasty glare, silently telling him to shut up.

"What rumors?" I demanded an answer.

Ahmend cleared his throat before looking away. "It's just...words been going around how-" he scratched the back of his head, and Crystal smacked his arm. "What? I didn't know she didn't know! Are you two sure you're cousins and not twins?"

Crystal and Josh look at each other. "Ew. No. I never want-" they stop synchronizing.

"Don't know what?" I was feeling antsy at this moment.

"You. Josh. Ricardo. The three of you are-" he grabs the bun on Josh's plate and places it on top of his hot dog.

"You're doing it all wrong," Crystal clarifies.

"Oh right," he threw away the bun and grabbed the hot dog on Josh's plate, then slipped it in the hot dog bun, "that."

To think he is a prince...royalty.

Madison appeared from behind and smacked him in the head, the exact place Josh hit him, causing his face to grimace harder than ever. "May I remind you, Hailey is fourteen," she stated. She sat down with Mason.

Mason adjusted his glasses and sat there, pretending to be air.

Madison planted her cheek against her palm. "So, what's going on? I heard this Winston kid is messing up my school mojo, and I hate it when something is out of order."

"Why don't you tell Mr.Davenson to expel him? You're his favorite student, after all," Josh grumbles. He kicked his fruits back and forth with his fork. I know Josh dislikes Ricardo, but I never knew his hatred was that deep.

"Yeah! Expel him! He got me in trouble!" said the girl who punched him earlier. Crystal is the type that talks with her fists, not her mouth.

"I kind of like him," Ahmend smiles, "He reminds me of...me."

"He's a whore too?" Crystal said, causing everyone to snicker lightly.

"Handsome!" Ahmend smacks the table. "Bad boy type!" He crossed his arms over his chest. "Like me."

Everyone, including me, couldn't help but roll their eyes.

Crystal shook her head, "Wow."

"Finally, open your eyes and see all this fineness?"

"The only thing you manage to turn on is my middle finger," she grinned, lifting a finger in the air.

We all burst out laughing, but my laughter slowly died down as Jasmine made her appearance. "Hey, guys. Mind if I borrow Greyson?"