V. Rose

Hailey's POV:

"Trust?" Crystal scoffed, "Those two wouldn't even trust me with the black card anymore."

Josh's face scrunched up, "What are you talking about? You have a black card."

"No, I don't."

"Your card isn't black because you want it in pink."

Crystal rolled her eyes, "It's rose dum dum."

"Are you two talking about the pink card with the diamonds?" Crystal personalized her credit cards with diamonds. Why? I don't know.

"Rose!"

"Sorry," I responded. "Rose."

Right now, Josh, Crystal, and I are going back to our dorms. We were the last to leave the M.I.N.D meeting since Crystal wanted to ask questions about her benefits. Apparently, she wants a jet - another jet.

The only reason why we could leave before sunset was because Auggie turned off the screen.

Crystal released a deep breath, "Don't look at me like that, HayHay." She held me, "You know I can't ever get mad at you."

My lips tighten to hold back the smile, and I hugged her. "I know."

On our way back, Crystal's phone buzzes. She clicked on the screen - Spaghetti.

Crystal lowered the screen, but my eyes caught the message.

- Meet me at the library -

She spins in front of us, "Well, I'm bored. I'm out. Bye." She turned towards a random location and walked away.

Josh and I continued to walk towards the dorm until Josh made a stop. My eyes were set on Crystal until she disappeared into a building.

An arm caught me, "Hey."

Josh's sudden voice made me leap back, "Yeah?"

"I have to go meet up with some guys from soccer. Are you okay with going back alone?"

I nod, "Yup."

"Alright." Josh gave me a quick kiss on the cheek, "I'll message you when I'm done, and we can have dinner."

"Okay."

When Josh disappeared, I rushed towards the library. Halfway there, I halted my steps. "Wait. What am I doing?"

I cannot believe I am running towards the library to spy on Crystal and Ricardo. Whatever is going on between them is their business. I have no right to intervene.

I smacked my cheeks, "Don't be noisy. It's none of your business." I turned my shoes and walked back towards the dorm room.

With each step, my curiosity faded, and I started thinking about what to eat for dinner. We should get burgers since we haven't eaten that in a while. We could buy two burgers, and one bowl of fries then share it.

I smile to myself at the thought.

But, every happy thought has an ending.

And the longer I thought about the meal, the harder it got to swallow. The sweats soaked into my outfit, and my hands clutched onto my stomach.

"This is a sight to see."

My footsteps halted.

"Having flashbacks?"

My hands clutched onto the shirt. I exhaled a sharp breath and turned around, "Hey, Jas."

She smiled, "Can't bear to hold something in?"