LVI. RaeRae

Alice's POV:

I giggled uncontrollably while holding the key in my hands.

"Why is Alice acting weirder than usual?" Randy asked, shoving the burger into his mouth.

Carla wiped the edge of Randy's mouth with a cleaned napkin, and he grinned at her. "Her boo got them a place."

He nudged a brow, "Crazy man got you guys a place?"

I nodded my head, giggling again. "He got us a home." I put the key back around my neck and tucked it inside my shirt.

"So, when are the Mr. and Mrs. going to happen?" Carla teased me.

My cheek turned red, "This weekend, we going to start packing his stuff and some of mine tha-"

"Then we will go shopping for new stuff, with our hands linked together and little tiny kisses every ten seconds that make everyone want to vomit," Randy mocked my voice, then made kissing sounds.

I punched his arm. "Shut up," I mumbled.

Carla rubbed Randy's arm while he continued pouting at her like a baby. "When is apartment warming?"

I shrugged, "Do we have to have one?"

"Yeah."

"Why?"

Carla grinned, "Because it's a good time for both groups to mix a little. You know, your friends and his friends interact."

I don't know if I want that.

"I don't know if I want that," I mumbled.

"Come on! Of course, you do! Couples do it all the time! It's important."

"It is?" I look at Nina, who shrugs.

"Yeah! Plus, it makes your relationship much more official. A cute little home warming."

My blush deepened when she said the word home.

I sat there, in a distant gaze, imagining our lives together.

He would go to work every day.

For now, I'll pretend he works a regular job.

I'll pack his lunch and help him tie his tie.

I need to learn how to tie a tie.

He would come back and give me little kisses telling us about his day while I tell him about mine.

With whatever job I'll be doing.

Then, a few years into the future, after we purchased a house, we will have a bunch of cute little walking potatoes with limbs.

The End.

"Wow. I've never seen you so happy," Nina said, popping a grape into her mouth as I continued dreaming about our walking potatoes. "Kind of pisses me off."

Kevin wrapped his arm around her shoulder. "I'll get us a place in the future, babe."

Nina bites her tongue, cheeks turning red as she holds his dangling fingers. "Really?"

"Yeah, with that huge Christmas tree you always wanted," they started pecking each other's lips.

Carla looks at Randy, who shoved the rest of the burger down his throat. He noticed her intense stared and swallowed, the sauced still holding around his mouth. "I can't make that promise, but -" he dug into his backpack. We all sat there, staring at him as he pulled out a half-eaten bag of skittles. "Here."

There's a long pause in the air.

Carla stared at the bag. "What?"

Randy sighed, "Don't tell me you don't understand."