XLV. High School Drama

Alice's POV:

We finished our lunches with only the three of us. I wondered where Randy went. I threw away my garage and saw Ian and Pamela bickering. Being the kind, non-snoopy me, I sneaked towards them.

Pamela crossed her arms, "I'm not betraying Kayla! She is my best friend!"

"Well, she is my girlfriend!" He took a step closer to her. "We are nothing."

What a cliche sentence.

"Definitely nothing," she replied in a dead tone.

"And that you know at the party was a mistake," Ian mumbled.

Mistake?

"A mistake," Pamela chuckled lightly, shifting her weight back and forth between her legs. "What were we thinking?" Her eyes were awkwardly moving from him to the ground and back at him.

"We definitely weren't," Ian responded and awkwardly chuckled along.

Then, they stop chuckling.

They stood there, staring at each other then the ground, then back at each other, then the ground again. "Bye," Pamela said and walked away with lightning speed.

"Ooooh, you're cheating on your girlfriend with her best friend," I said in a deep voice, causing him to spring around.

"Who is it?!"

I poked my head up, "I'm not being snoopy if you were wondering. I just wanted to know what you guys were bickering over," I smiled.

Ian released a deep breath, running his fingers through his hair. "Fuck," he hissed. "How much did you hear?" He walked through the bushes and ducked down.

"Something about a mistake," I replied.

He racked his fingers through his hair, "Can you keep a secret?"

I snorted, "Definitely."

Not.

Just kidding.

Maybe.

Ian's eyes traveled around, ensuring no one was there, but everyone was in class. Yes, day one, second class, and I'm already ditching. We are so going to get an ear full from Mr.Franklin.

He mumbled something.

"What?"

He was still mumbling.

"Huh?"

He mumbled something again.

"If you don't want to tell me, then fine!"

He pulled me back down and released a deep breath. "Pamela and I...kissed," he said slowly.

"What?"

"We kissed," he spoke in a more clarified tone.

"What?"

"We kissssssss-"

I slap him.

He placed a hand on his stinging cheek. "What the fuck was that for?"

"For cheating?" I responded.

Actually, I just wanted to slap someone today.

He releases a deep breath. "I wasn't cheating," he glanced at me, clearly in a pout. "That week...Kayla broke up with me, so I went a little crazy."

"How did that lead up to, you know."

"I was at a party, drank a lot, and then Pamela was there too. She fought with her boyfriend, and they broke -"