LXXI. Snitches

Alice's POV:

She smiles, "But, the difference between Carla and you is, sweetheart, you sure know how to pick your man, and I'm proud of you for choosing someone dependable."

This isn't the first time some confronted me about my relationship with Neilson outside of school. Some adults approached me about my engagement with Neilson. A good amount believes that Neilson is only with me for a bit of fun, while others think I railed him in because he is stable. I can see it in their eyes, how we won't last.

Why?

Because: "Like mother, like daughter."

Everyone knew mom left dad for another man.

"Mrs. Holt, I love Neilson."

She smiles and nods, "Sweetheart, you're 17. You don't know what love is"

"And you do?" Carla said, arms folding while she leaned against the door frame

"Sweeth-"

She pulls me inside the room. "Save it, mother. We all know about the pool boy and dad's secretary."

Carla slams the door in front of Mrs. Holt's stunning face.

"The pool boy?" I ask.

She snorts, "Yeah."

"You don't have a pool."

Carla sat down on the bed, "Exactly."

I took a seat beside her. "I'm guessing your parents don't know?" I made a little bump on her stomach.

She chuckles, "They would disown me in a matter of seconds," she flops down on the bed. "I want to get out of here," she grumbled.

I laid down beside her, staring at the color spattered ceiling. "Don't we all," I chuckle, "Painting your wall while jumping on your bed was the best thing we ever did."

She nods, laughing along with me. "Remember when Nina twisted her ankle falling off the bed when she got too excited thinking she splattered paint the furthest?"

After we met in school, Carla wanted to be rebellious, so she painted her ceiling without her parents' permission. Not the most rebellious thing to do in the world, but it pissed her parents off. Nina and I helped her by forcing Tyler to buy us a whole bunch of paints and brushes.

That was the time Carla found out her perfect family wasn't so perfect after all. Carla's parents are nice, but the only flaw was they care about image way too much. They will never divorce, so they choose to fuck anyone else but each other.

Even Randy doesn't know about Carla's situation.

Only Nina and me.

"When are you going to tell Randy about your parents?" I asked, kicking my feet back and forth.

"Tonight, I want to tell RaeRae everything," she covered her eyes, "And I hope he will still hold my hand," her voice cracks.

Slowly, I laced my hand on top of hers, "I'm here no matter what."

She smiled and nodded.

Carla sat next to me, shaking her right leg furiously. She bit her nail, eyes hurrying towards the front door endlessly. I slapped her thigh. "Stop it," I hissed.

She started twirling her blonde locks around her forefinger. "Maybe we shouldn't do this now."

"Then, when will we do it?" I whisper.

"Tomorrow. First thing tomorrow morning."

"At school?" I ask.

"Yes," she tried to stand up, but I forced her to sit down. We started to bicker around with each other but stopped when Randy walked through the door.