XXIII. Perfect

Alice's POV:

Kayla snorts, "Everyone knows Alice has the perfect little life. You got guys chasing your left and right."

They also call me an easy slut because I like wearing cute clothes.

"You're so smart that Princeton is accepting you."

Princeton hasn't accepted me.

"You come from a fucking perfect family."

Mom abandoned dad and me when I was younger for another man. My dad is an alcoholic who hits me whenever he is drunk.

"Your love life is perfect."

Ian is my fake boyfriend to distract me from the man who will never see me more than a younger sister.

"That causes you to be so fucking ungrateful."

I'm grateful for everything, having a roof over my head, food on the table, a bed to sleep at night.

"Girls like you don't have a flaw in her life because you like a fucking perfect life."

My life is not perfect.

The cafeteria was in silence. Ian grabs Kayla's arm. "That's enough, Kayla." He glances at me with apologetic eyes.

Inhaling a deep breath, I gave her my usual smile. "You're right. My life is so fucking perfect, that's why I need a better boyfriend."

Water.

She splashed water on my face.

"You're a bitch Alice Lee!" she shouts.

Carla and the other cheerleaders slam their hands on the table and stomp towards us. She covers me and crosses her arms as I stand there, while Nina pats my face dry.

"You are the bitch here Kayla. You don't know anything about Alice so fuck off," Carla snaps.

Before I knew it, Carla and Kayla started bickering. Nina drags me out of the cafeteria and into the bathroom, "Are you okay?"

"Mind giving me some time alone?" I ask.

She hesitantly walks out of the restroom.

I leaned against the counter, lifting my face to meet my pathetic self. After some time, I decided I didn't want to attend class and went home.

Reaching the quiet house, I stand there. "Welcome home, Alice," I mumble to myself and walk upstairs. I threw my backpack into the corner of the room and changed into more comfortable clothes.

Leaning against the bed, I threw my head back, eyes staring at the ceiling. My hands reach under the bed to pull out a box, placing it on my lap. Slowly, lift the lid to see the white pills. There was an old note inside, and I grabbed it reading the content.

Dear whoever found this note,

First, I apologize for being weak, for being pathetic. I can't stand to live any longer. Everyone always thinks I'm happy, living the perfect life. I'm sick of being called a slut or whore at school. I'm sick of watching the love of my life holding another woman, knowing he will never love me. I'm sick of dad blaming me for everything. I'm just sick of everything. So, I decided on my 16th birthday. I'm going to-

That's it.

That was where the note ended because I was too afraid to write any further. I slip the note back inside the box, wrapping my arms around my legs, knowing no one would miss me if I disappear. Nina would be sad, but knowing her, eventually, she will move on. Neilson wouldn't even remember me ten years from now when he is happily married to this random hot woman. My dad wouldn't care. He's probably happy his useless daughter is gone.