XI. Dating Thing

Alice's POV:

I sat there and stare at the wall in front of me as the guy continued blabbing about football or soccer. It's some sport. My eyes went back towards him, noticing how his skin isn't as tan. He didn't have the cute little mole on his neck. How his hair isn't as smooth and silky looking

After some time, I shake my head and stand up, grabbing my purse. "Going to the bathroom to powder your nose?" He said, laughing to himself.

What the fuck does that even mean? Do I have snot up my nose?

I opened my purse and laid down a twenty, causing his brows to furrow. "Sorry, I don't feel any chemistry between us," I said bluntly.

Instantly, his face reddens, his ego probably bruised. I don't understand why he is so upset. At least, I paid for the meal instead of eating and then ghosting him later. He stands up, darkens eyes glaring at me. "I have a taser," I said. His eyes widened and he settled back down. Smart boy.

Throwing my purse on my shoulder, I walk out of the restaurant. I glance down at my watch. "Twenty minutes," I said, nodding to myself. "I'm getting better at this dating thing."

Ever since that awkward moment with Neilson, I've been avoiding him whenever I can. I called up Carla and asked her to set me on a few blind dates. This is my seventh one this month. The first one didn't even last five minutes because I kept thinking about how unattractive he was compared to Neilson.

Shaking my head, I kick the pebble on the ground, regretting how I decide to wear heels. Since my forgettable name date told me he would take me to a fancy restaurant, I thought I should wear something nice. The sun is beaming down, causing me to sweat like a pig. Taking out my phone, I GPS my location realizing I'm half an hour away from home. When I saw a bus stop, I released a deep breath and took a seat.

Neilson probably drugged the ice cream he bought for me when I was younger, causing me to be addicted to him.

I smack my dry lips, wishing I drank more water inside the restaurant. I jerked back when I saw a water bottle in front of me. My head turns to see a guy wearing a brown cap, covering his eyes. Glancing downward, he's wearing tan shorts and a white t-shirt. "Here," he said, granting me a small smile.

I sat there and stared at him.

He rolls his eyes. "I didn't poison it, Alice."

I hurry back. "How do you know my name?" I yell, covering up my body, hands ready to pull out the taser from my purse.

He takes off his cap revealing deep steel orbs. "It's me."

I sat there, narrowing my eyes, staring at him. "Oh, it's you," I said slowly, having no idea who he is.

"You don't remember me, do you?" He said, and I shook my head. "Seriously, Alice? We have been going to elementary school together."

I continue to shake my head.

"Chocolate. Kid. Basketball game. May or may not think you were cute?"

The head shaking returns.

"I'm fucking Ian." He threw the water bottle at me.

I dramatically catch the bottle as if it's a bomb. "Ian? Ian Van de Berg?" I said, recalling some memory of a boy confessing his emotions to me at a game. Then again, I am a catch, and a lot of guys like me. Shimmer down the ego Alice.

He scoffs, "How the fuck did you manage to remember my last name but not first?" He opens another water bottle. I can tell he still likes me. Not.

I unscrewed mine and drank it to satisfy my quench.

"So, what's the oh so popular Alice doing here at a bus stop? In a dress? With heels?"