XLVI. Tempestuous Challenge

Alice's POV:

"I'm being creepy again."

"What did you do?" I asked slowly.

"I'm outside of your dormitory," he barely mumbled.

Instantly, I grabbed my jacket, keys, and shoes, then jumped out the window, leaving a tiny crack. My eyes raced around, and once I reached outside the gate, I ran towards the front to see Neilson leaning against his car with his arms folded.

I released a deep breath and shrugged on my jacket. "What are you doing here?" I whispered.

"I-I don't know." He ran his hands through his hair. "I was driving, and somehow I ended up here."

Sometimes, Neilson does these things that are stalkerish if he isn't my boyfriend.

For example, he sat in front of my house in a dark corner and waited for me to come home.

Other times, I caught him sitting on a chair and stared at me while I'm sleeping.

Then, there is the wonderful fact that he installed a tracking chip on my phone.

I confronted him about the secret tracking chip, and wow, was he in big trouble that day.

Trust me; it took a lot of ass-kissing for me to talk to him again.

He does these things when he feels insecure, even when he shouldn't. Yes, he is this tall, drop-dead gorgeous guy who is brimming with confidence, but it doesn't mean he is perfect. Everyone has their flaws and weaknesses. For him, he said his weakness is me. When it comes to me, I make him do things without thinking.

I released a deep breath, "Muffin...I was joking about the whole boy thing."

"I know," he mumbled, then glanced at me, then looked back towards me, eyes twinkling with mischief. "Want to go see a movie?"

I released a deep breath, giving him a tired smile, wrapping my arms around his waist. "I would love to go see a movie and-"

He returned my smile, "And a late-night dinner?"

I kissed his cheek, "Come on, my weird boyfriend, let's go make out at the movie theater."

I jumped into the car, and my phone buzzed when the vehicle moved. "Hello?"

"Make sure you come back before the gates lock, and we are doing morning checks."

I turn my head around to see Mr.Franklin.

"You're such a cool and handsome teacher," I replied, blowing him a kiss.

"I know." He ends the phone call.

Our hands tangled, ears listening to the low melodies. "Soooo handsome wealthy guys, huh," he attempts to sound casual.

I lick my lips. "Yeah, a boatload of them."

He nods, probably silently cursing them. I laugh, "I'm kidding Muffin," I kiss his cheek.

His face turned slightly red underneath the artificial lights, "I know," he mumbled, then shifted slightly in his seat. "Just making sure," I lifted a brow. "I'm not jealous."

I fold my arms. "Uh-huh."

He rolls his eyes. "I'm not an over-controlling possessive boyfriend who is jealous."

"Then why are you here, my not overly controlling and not a possessive boyfriend who is absolutely not jealous."

"Business," he replied strictly, then peeked at me before returning to the road in front of us. "And the business happens to be in this town."