XXV. Stupid Woman

Alice's POV:

I twirl towards the front door and slip on my shoes. I stand there, placing a hand on my chest, patting it a few times. "Be cool, Alice, don't be too excited," I mumble to myself before opening the door, seeing Neilson standing on the street leaning against his car.

Don't you dare smile!

I bit my lips and locked the front door, calmly walking towards him. He glanced upward, a smile on his lips. "You look cute today," he pinches my cheek, walking towards the driver seat.

Once the door slam, I grab the hand. "And you look handsome as always," I mumble to myself before opening the door.

I hop inside, and we start talking about everyone. I was happy there wasn't any awkward silence between us anymore, mainly since Neilson was more talkative than usual.

Before I knew it, we reached school. "I guess this is my stop."

He bites his lower lips in a very sexy way. "I'll pick you up after school?"

I couldn't help but giggle like a stupid high schooler and nod. I stand there, a dumb smile on my face as I wave him goodbye.

Feeling a smack on my head, I whip around to meet with a pair of disapproving eyes. "Hi, Alice," Kevin, Nina's boyfriend, wave at me.

"Babe, mind giving Alice and I some time alone?" Nina asks.

Kevin places a kiss on her cheek. "I'll meet you in class," he said, and she nods. Nina grabs my wrist, pulling me towards a corner with fewer people. "What was that?" she whispers.

I shrug, "What was what?"

"Don't you play stupid! I know that was Neilson's car! Why are you in Neilson's car?" She threw her arms up in the air like a crazy lady.

"He offered me a ride to school?"

She smacks a hand on her forehead. "Alice, what's going on? I didn't hear from you for one week. Then you come to school in Neilson's car. The guy who legitimately broke your heart before summer."

I start playing with my fingers. "I thought we could be friends or something. You know I knew Neilson since I was eight. I can't just cut him out of my life," I mumble.

She released a deep breath, then pulled me into a hug. "Don't you dare pull the missing person shit on me again. I miss you."

Throughout the day, everyone kept asking me if I'm okay since they thought I was heartbroken because of Ian. Soon, it got irritated. I wanted to punch everyone in the face, really badly.

Thank goodness I had a heart of gold and held back.

During class, I had to pee badly, so I asked the teacher to be excused. I zig-zag towards the bathroom, praying I will make it. When I open the bathroom door, my eyes widen seeing Kayla surrounded by Carla and many other cheerleaders.

"What are you guys doing?" I ask.

Carla flips her hair back. "Don't worry about it, Alice. We are just teaching her a lesson."

Kayla was sitting on the ground, bruises running across her face as her hair was layered everywhere. Quickly, I rush towards her. "Are you okay?"

She smacks my hands away. "Don't act like the fucking hero. You think doing this will make Ian take you back?" she pushed me.

Hold it in, Alice, hold it in.

I offer her a smile. "I'm not-"

"That's the fakest smile I've ever seen." She smirks, "Then again, makes sense since you hang out with the fakest people I've ever met."