XLIII. Send Both a Pigeon and Falcon

Alice's POV:

Neilson held me tightly, "Text me, call me, Facetime me, send both a pigeon and a falcon with a message," he grumbled into my neck.

I snorted, "What? A pigeon and a falcon?"

Does he think I can afford both?

That's cute.

He nodded, "The bird with the greatest airspeed velocity is the Peregrine falcon, able to exceed 321.8 km/h in its hunting dives, which means it can dive down faster at me." He made a diagonal line with his arm and quickly shot it down. "Homing Racing Pigeons achieve the greatest self-powered horizontal speed." His arm straightened, and he shot it across my face.

Wow...such useless information.

He scrunched up my cheeks and started apologizing for almost accidentally smacking my face. My lips puckered, "Isn't it logical to choose the pigeon, since with the horizontal spee-"

He pinched my cheeks, "Don't be a smartass, sent me both," he continued to mope.

When he heard about me going to Harrison Academy for the week, he wasn't exactly fond of it. "But, when I come back, we can spend my birthday together," I grinned happily, and he returned my smile.

Slowly, he leaned down and kissed my lips.

Neilson had been trying his best to control his, well, controlling behavior. When I told him about my week away, he bit his tongue and told me to go for it even though his face tells a different story.

His face says - stay here...stay here...too much rich sissy assholes at Harrison Academy who wants to get into your pants...stay here -

I am such a good face reader once my mind cleared all thoughts of never being together with him. I guess my not-so-unrequired love for Neilson blinded me from, well, everything.

So, for him to calm down, Neilson took all his frustration out in bed. I don't know how much more I can take of mini-me because my back hurts. I'm only sixteen, and my back is already in pain, great.

My fingers rushed through his freshly cut hair as he lifted me onto the hood of his car, pushing me down. Quickly, our kiss turned passionate as his tongue entered my mouth. The hood creaked when he leaned a knee against it.

We spent most of our morning making out on the hood of his car until Mrs.Yi came out and smacked Neilson's head with the newspaper telling us to get going.

Neilson passed me the luggage, but he refused to let go of the handle. I pulled tightly, but he jerked back, and I stumbled into his arms. "One week." I pecked his cheek. "You will get my bird soon."

A hand smacked my head, "Ow!"

I turned to see Nina, who shook her head at us while Neilson wrapped his arms around my waist, still in a pouting mood.

Nina pinched me, "Let's go! Everyone is on the bus!"

"Why am I the only one getting hurt! Neilson is the one holding onto me!" I whined and stomped my foot.

"You're so cute when you're upset," Neilson whispered into my ear, and Nina fake gagged then yanked me away from him.

She tugged off my luggage from his tight grip, then pointed a stern finger, wiggled it, and walked away. I turned around, and Neilson is still pouting. "Oh, grow up! You leave for Italy every summer!"

He swayed us back and forth, releasing a deep breath. "I know, but this is the first time we are separating as a couple," he emphasized the last word causing my blood to dance.