Parallel Word: The Pregnancy (Part I)

"What happens if Alice never dies?"

Ryder throws the ball across the room.

Josh caught it, "356. Do you think I should confess to Hailey?" He throw it back.

Ryder caught it, "357. We are not having this conversation again."

"358. Its just-"

"I don't wanna hear it."

"I talked to-"

"And now, I have to hear it."

"I talked to Hailey's parents."

"359. Whether I wanna hear it or not, I know you're gonna tell me."

Ryder Yi had known Joshua Greyson since their births, sixteen years ago. Their mothers were best friends, so naturally, they became close themselves. So close, that many consider them to be twins. You can't go anywhere without the other.

Buy one, get one free.

And naturally, as Josh's twin, Ryder knew Josh's love for their childhood friend, the chubby cheeks innocent girl named Hailey Vaughn.

The girl who is, coincidentally, the daughter of his mother ex-fiance.

"360. They want me to wait."

"361. Wait?"

"362. Yeah. Wait. Until Hailey is 18."

"363." Ryder laughs, "Can your virgin balls handle waiting that long?"

"364. First of all a virgin ball means an orgy consist of nothing but virgins."

"Of course you would know."

"Secondly, abstinence is good."

"Says who?"

"My parents."

"You listen to the man who fucked a town?"

"Okay. My mom."

"You listen to the woman who-"

Quickly, Josh throws the ball. "Oh, fuck you."

Ryder laughs, "You wish. 365." Ryder knows that Josh can take any joke about his dad, since most of them holds some sort of truth. But, he doesn't like it when someone jokes about his mom.

It is a well known fact that Josh is a mama's boy.

Ryder doesn't joke about that though, since he's somewhat of a mama's boy himself.

He just doesn't show it.

"366. Dude this is serious."

"367. Okay. Fine what do you want me to say? Would you like me to give you advice you won't listen to?"

"Yes!"

Ryder expelled a breath, "Just do it."

"That's it? Just do it."

"Yeah."

"Mr.Vaughn will kill me."

"Please, the man can't kill a fly."

Josh shrugs, "I mean- it's just-"

"Just think about it. Yes, you'll make Hailey's parents mad, but they like you. They'll get over it. And after you do your grand confession, you get Hailey and I get a peace of mind."

Josh smiles, and Ryder rolls his eyes. He doesn't need a mind reader to know what Josh is thinking about - probably something in the line of frolicking in the flowers with his childhood love. "You really think Hailey's parents like me?"