XX. A Place to Call Home

Alice's POV:

Suddenly, Ian rushes towards me, throwing an arm around my shoulder. "Quick, act like you love me. Kayla is coming," he whispers, planting a fake smile on his face.

I wrap my arms around his waist, a smile on my face, "And you say my smile is fake."

"It is fake," he responds, laughing out of nowhere.

"Yours is - hi!" I threw out my happy face.

My eyes examine Kayla, who had short blue hair, with tiny bits of freckles across her cheeks. Scanning downward, she was wearing a black leather jacket and tight jeans along with combat boots. In no doubt, she is the exact opposite of me with my long brown hair, flowy white shirt tucked into my pink skirt, wearing light blue tennis shoes. I like her style; I wonder where she got that jacket.

"Hey Kayla," Ian said, letting out a loving sigh.

She lifts a brow at me, scanning my body. "Hi," she responds slowly while three others arrive.

"Woah! This is your new girl Ian?" Blonde hair guy said, playfully punching Ian's arms. I can see him scanning my body. "I am Devon, the best looking guy in the group. Ditch the stiff, and I can give you the time of your life, baby," he winks.

I glance up at Ian, who's ogling over Kayla, and nudge him on his rib. He releases a few coughs. "D-Don't hit on my girl," he attempts to sound serious.

I held the urge to roll my eyes.

The black hair guy came up and smiled at me. "Carol," he said, shaking my hand.

I peered over to see a redhead girl who was glaring at me, almost as if burying me with her eyes. Someone poke me in the side, and I leap back, seeing Nina. "We got cooking, let's go."

"Cooking," the redhead girl scoffed out.

"Excuse you? What's wrong with cooking?" Nina responds. I knew something was stuffed up her ass today. Usually, she isn't rude, always politely replying to others, unless she is pissed.

"Nothing," she responds.

The look on her face says otherwise.

"What is going on here?" A teacher yell, feeling the hostility in the air. "Pamela and Kayla, were you two making trouble again?" He glares at them.

Pamela glared at Nina, "I didn't do anything."

He crossed his arms, "Oh, so you expect me to believe Nina or Alice did something?"

Pamela rolls her eyes, muttering: "Obviously."

"Look, why can't the two of you behave just for one day. Why can't you two be more like Nina or Alice," he said.

At that exact moment, I knew what was going on. They hate us because people are always comparing them with us.

"Mr.Benz, nothing is going on here. We are just talking," I said.

"Okay, carry on," he cleared his throat, leaning towards me. "Alice, thanks for the cookie recipe, by the way. My kids love it," he whispers.

When he walked away, I can hear a: "Teacher pet," coughs out.

I roll my eyes. "I'll see you later, Ian," I said. I could care less about high school drama.

He mouths: "Sorry," and hands me my backpack.

Walking to class with Nina, I can hear her mumbling: "Bitch."

In the middle of class, I had a tremendous urge to pee, so I rushed to the bathroom. Pulling down my panties, I release a deep breath of relief, hearing the waterfall. I listen to a few girls giggling, walking inside. "I'm telling you, Carla is a total slut."