XXXIII. Bitter Sixteen

Alice's POV:

I twirl around one more time in my light purple dress with small lilies on edge. I click on my black heels, spinning the slight curls on my head, tapping my finger on my glossy lips.

I grab the bottle of lotion, put it back, then grab it again. "Well, I don't want dry legs."

My eyes glanced over at the perfume. "Well, I don't want to smell stinky," I told myself, spraying some in the air and walking through it, feeling fabulous.

The doorbell rings. "Calm down, Alice Lee, calm down. Neilson is just being a big brother taking his little sister out for a nice day because it's her birthday. That's all."

Walking towards the door, I reach for the doorknob but stop. The image of that night flashes inside my mind, causing my heart to race. I clenched my fist tightly, wondering if it's a good idea to go out with him.

If I make Neilson mad, would he hit me like daddy?

No, Alice, stop thinking that way. Neilson would never do such a thing.

That's what you thought about daddy, too.

Until mommy left.

The bell rings again, and I grab the knob, twisting it open. My eyes land on his clean black shoes towards his elegant pantsuit. Scanning up, I can see him in a white shirt covered with a black coat, holding a bouquet of my favorite purplish-red lilies. He had a broad smile on his face, eyes scrunching together playfully.

"Excuse ma'am, is your daughter home?" He asks. "I am here to take her out for her sweet sixteen."

"Let me go get her," I said, twirling in a circle, placed my hand over my mouth, then released an exaggerated gasp. "Muffin! You shouldn't have!" I shout as he hands me the bouquet.

Neilson smiled.

Oh, that smile.

I walk into the kitchen and grab a vase to settle the flowers. I can feel two arms wrap around me, the scent of forest and vanilla ocean invading my nostrils. "You look beautiful today."

And the panties are soaked.

I swallow, pushing the vase aside. "S-Shouldn't we get g-going?"

"Right, let's go," I can feel his lips brush against my earlobe. Slowly, his hand touched mine, tangling our fingers together. My eyes watched the ground as he walked us out of the house, towards his car.

We stop, and I lock the door, then revert my attention to the ground. I can hear a click and glance up to see him opening the door for me. "My lady," he said happily, and I peered at him to see his adorable smile.

I bit my lips and hop into the car. "My what a gentleman," I faked a British accent, placing my hand on my heart for effect.

"Oh, I'm anything but a gentle man."

"What?"

He smiles again. "Nothing. Nothing."

I watch as he walks towards the driver's side and jumps into the car.

He starts the engine as I twiddled with the radio, wondering when a good song will come up. "Where are we going?" I ask.

Neilson gave me a cheeky smile. "Breakfast."

My eyes narrow, and then a bell chime. "Are we going to Egg&Ham?" I smile.

He starts driving down the street. "How did you know?"

"Neilson, you take me there for breakfast for every single one of my birthdays since you moved here," I roll my eyes at him.

He nods. "Then, I better continued the tradition in the following years."