LXXIII. My Hero

Alice's POV:

Steadily, he ran the knife down my cheek, and I screamed. He starts chuckling, running it farther down, ensuring every millimeter was slow and torturous. Tears drip down my eyes, mixing with the blood on my cheek.

"Are you done?" Michelle leans by the door.

Adrik released a deep breath. He shrugs and puts the knife back inside his pocket. "About," he responds and heads out, not missing a smirk at me.

"Он убьет тебя," Michelle said.

"С нетерпением жду этого," Adrik responds and left.

Michelle took a single glance at me, and then a man closed the door.

I didn't know how long I sat there. No one else came to talk to me. I had to hold in my pee to the point that I didn't have to pee anymore. I think if I survive through this, I may be exposed to a bladder infection.

Most importantly, why is no one here offering me food?

I am so hung-

BANG!

Gunshots.

I open my eyes, staring at the single door.

BANG!

BANG!

BANG!

"Neilson!" I scream but start coughing due to dehydration.

"Neilson!" I shouted for him again, wiggling my way out, but I couldn't.

"Muffin! Muffin! I'm in here!" I cried.

The doorknob jiggles, and I hold my breath. "Muffin! Muff-"

The door burst open, and he entered.

"Marvin?"

Marvin smiles, "Fuck; you're in here," he said, placing his gun back inside his pantsuit and rushed towards me. He started untying. "You look disappointed. It hurts me that you aren't happy to see your hero."

I shook my head, feeling the sweat drizzling down my forehead. He was covered in blood, and I'm pretty sure it isn't his blood.

He snorts, "Liar. Way down the hall, all I heard was Muffin! Muffin! God, I'm hungry n-"

A gun clicks.

I look up to see Michelle pointing a gun at Marvin's head. "You know the protocol," she said.

Marvin took out his gun, slowly laying it on the floor. Michelle kicked it to the wall while Marvin lifted his hands, placing it behind his head. She grabbed me, putting the gun on my head.

Marvin turns around, "You don't want to do that."

"She knows too much. I can let her leave."

I gulp, feeling my heart leaping out of my chest, "I won't tell anyone."

Michelle laughs, "Sure, you won't."

"You can't kill her, Michelle. Do you think Neilson will sit still knowing she is dead? He will go after you," Marvin said.

"He can't touch me." She smirks then pointed the gun at Marvin, "Not if Alice and Marvin died because of those damn Russians, but Michelle somehow survived because they missed the sh-"

Before she can say another word, I grab the gun. Then, a battle for our lives starts.

"Alice!" Marvin screams.

The gun went off.

With each shot, I shut my eyes but didn't let go of the gun. My body was trembling; every single cell inside my body was screaming. The sweat-drenched my skin, constant gunshots from inside and outside vibrate in my ears.