Parallel World: The Final Decision (Part II)

Alice stared at the clouds outside.

The clouds move constantly, seemingly layered on top of each other despite being hundreds of feet apart.

There wasn't a speck of thought inside of Alice's mind. She inhaled softly and sank her soul into a state of eternal peace.

"Alice."

Alice turned away from the clouds and towards the small boy beside her.

"I want Mister Muffin."

She smiles, "Okay. Okay." She hands him the Mister Muffin pillow.

The boy smiles and snuggles closely to Mister Muffin. Alice ran her fingers through his dark hair. "How do you feel Rowan."

Rowan pouts causing his large red cheeks to magnify. "I'm fine, but when will we be there?"

Alice exhales, "Soon."

After Alice's resignation from her company, her parents suggested a family vacation overseas. Rowan is excited, but Alice - not so much. After leaving her hometown, Alice started homeschooling and traveled the world.

She got her GED at the age of eleven.

Take a pause.

Graduated college at fifteen.

Put a hold on law school.

Finally graduated law school at twenty-one.

Then, she took the bar exam for the first time and passed.

With her excellent scores and educational background, she received multiple offers from highly respected law firms.

Two years later, she's bored with the field. It's always the same thing. High-positioned businessmen, politicians, or rich people who always get a pass. Unless they're the scapegoat.

Murder?

Money.

Rape?

Money.

Tax invasion?

Money.

Alice had never lost a single case. But, it doesn't mean she's proud of it. And perhaps that's the reason why she's bored and disgusted with the law.

Protect the rich.

Eat the poor.

Last week, she was given to protect a wealthy fifty years old man who claim he did not rape nor sexually harassed a ten years old boy.

Last week, she threw her resignation letter at her boss.

Her boss offered her more money.

He offered her a higher position.

And when that didn't work.

He threatened her.

He said they signed a contract.

He told her he'll see her in court.

She laughed her way to the elevator.

And now, she's in an airplane with over a hundred phone calls and several hundred letters from her former company and other companies.

"We're here!" Rowan leaps out of his seat and stretches. He passed Alice and stared out of the window, "Italy looks alot like...an airport."

Alice flicks Rowan's forehead.

"Ow!"

"Let's go."

Alice grabs her bag while Rowan puts on his cap. She extends her hand and Rowan grabs it. "Remember to stay with me."