LXXIV. Your Dark Knight

Alice's POV:

A few weeks have passed since the kidnapping incident. Of course, we couldn't tell everyone the Russian mafia kidnapped me, and then the Italian mafia rescued me. So, we made up a lie that a few guys who wanted money captured me.

We kept the story short and simple.

They kidnapped me.

The police rescued me.

Neilson told me not to worry about it since he will plant false evidence, and he got people working inside the police district.

That's pretty scary, knowing that the mafia is working inside the government.

Not surprising, but still scary.

When I was well enough to go back to school, despite Neilson's plead to stay in the hospital, sympathetic looks from my classmate was the last of my worries.

It was very annoying, though, people asking how it was or how I felt about the whole incident.

Rumor spread like wildfire about my kidnapping incident throughout the school.

"I heard they demanded a million for Alice."

"I heard Alice got gangbang by like 20 people."

"I heard they kidnapped her because she knew something she shouldn't."

"I heard it's because she works for the CIA, undercover as a high school student. She is actually 48 years old."

Some rumors aren't far off from the truth. Others are unbelievable, making me wonder how far off their imaginations are.

I tried contacting Marvin a few times, but it failed. I tried asking Neilson what happened inside the warehouse, but he refused to tell me anything.

More weeks passed, and things fell back into place, returning to an average pace.

Sitting in Neilson's car, we drove to Tyler's birthday/congratulations; she said yes to your proposal party.

Neilson was wearing dark jeans with a blue button-up top. I was in a simple light blue dress with a small bow at the back and white heels.

When we arrived at Nina's house, he held my hand. We walked through the opened yard fence, and instantly everyone hollered at us. Neilson laid a kiss on my temple and headed towards the guy while I went to the girls.

"Are you sure you want to marry my brother? You said yes, but it's not too late to run," Amanda said.

My eyes went towards Neilson to see him laughing and joking around with all the guys, warming my heart. I'm not sure what is going on, but recently things seem to be tough for him.

"Yeah, I can help you escape right now," Nina whispers.

"I'll be the distraction," I said.

"And I'll drive the getaway car," Lizzie input with a wink.

We all laughed.

Tyler walks over, throwing an arm around Sally. "Hey! What do you all think you're doing to my girl?"

We stifled our laughs.

"It's too late. You already said yes," Tyler said in a severe tone.

Sarah shrugs, "But, I haven't said I do."

Tyler held her hand, grazing his thumb across her left finger, then kissed it. "You've been chained down," he whispers, causing Sarah's face to turn red.

We all let out a gaggle.

"Get a room!" Ben, Nina's second older brother, shouted, then turned to Lizzie, "Why are you here ugly?"