Parallel Word: The Pregnancy (Part II)

Ryder and Crystal each throw a pillow at Josh.

Josh covers himself, "Hey!"

"All for a puss." Ryder flops onto the couch, "Now my day is ruin."

"What's a pu-"

"Hey HayHay!" Crystal intervened. "You're here early."

Hailey smiles, "Oh! Yes! Dad dropped me off early."

Josh smiles, "Hey-"

"Hey HayBug," Ryder mocked him.

Josh glares at Ryder, who returned his anger with a grin.

"Hi-"

"Hi, Joshie Pooh," Crystal mocked Hailey.

Hailey cheeks turn red.

Crystal and Ryder laughs while giving each other high 5s.

"What's in your hands?" Josh ignore them. He knows his friends doesnt have any ill-intention, and, he hates to admit it but a part of him likes it when they tease them.

"Cupcakes!"

"Sweet!" Ryder rolls off the couch and grabbed the tray. "Lemme take those off your hands." He walks to the kitchen.

"Didn't coach tell you to lay off the sweets?" Josh grab a cupcake.

Ryder know he shouldn't be eating the sugar filled dessert. Particularly after the lecture the basketball coach gave him for hiding mini muffins in his basketball shorts.

He blames his mom.

"What coach doesn't know won't hurt him." He takes a large bite from the cupcake and his face grimace.

Josh puts down the cupcake.

Ryder gag lightly before his eyes made contact with Hailey. "Yum. This is-" Ryder shakes his head, "No. No." He spits the cupcake into the trashcan, "I can't do it. I can't lie."

"Well, mom-"

Ryder groaned, "You should've told us your mom baked these." He opens the fridge, "Now I gotta rinse my mouth with jellos." He grabbed the homemade jello.

"Oh, jello!" Josh grabbed the green jello.

"Throw one over here!"

Josh grabbed two more jello. One for Crystal and the other for Hailey.

"Dudes! These are my jellos!"

"We live here, hence these jellos that your mom made is also ours." Crystal and Josh clank jellos. Josh turned towards Hailey and they clank jellos.

"Only for the summer!" Ryder rebuttals.

After Josh's parents got married, they moved to New York for his dad's job. Despite the distance, Josh and Ryder never lost touch and every summer Josh would stay with Ryder's family. Plus, Hailey lives in California.

For Crystal, she simply enjoys spending time with her childhood friends. Although, she'll never admit it.

"Which reminds me, are your dads are coming this weekend?" Josh asks.

"Your dads are coming?" Ryder sat at the table, "Why?"

Hailey sat beside Ryder and quietly eat her jello. Hailey was never much of a talker. She's content with listening to her friends talk.

Josh sat beside her and she smiles.

Crystal smiles, "Daddies decided they want to take everyone to a family vacation."