IV. Chocolate

Six Months Later

Neilson: 18 years old

Alice: 10 years old

Skipping my way home, I saw a silver car zooming by and parked in front of Neilson's house. The car door opens and three guys plus two girls jump out.

A smile crossed my face when I saw Neilson hopping out of the car. He is in his usual basketball clothes, indicating that he just got back from practice. Grabbing my backpack's strap, I got ready to rush towards him until a black-haired girl wearing skinny blue jeans and a tight top with two big balloons on her chest leaped on him.

I looked down at my own, seeing my shoes and a sigh left my mouth.

Glancing back up, the girl wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed their lips together. The two guys around them went: "Woooooah."

"Lay a good one on her, Neilson!" One of them shouts. The other guy did this weird thing with his hips causing everyone to burst into a loud laugh.

I didn't understand.

Biting my lips, I rush into my house. I hear someone shouting my name, but I ignore it and slam the door shut. I throw my shoes on the ground and lean against the wall, sliding down until my bottom meets the floor.

"Another girlfriend, of course," I mumble.

After some time of self-pitying, I grab my backpack and drag it upstairs. "Daddy, I'm home!" I shouted, but there wasn't a response. He must be working late again.

One by one, I step up the stairs, looking down at my feet again. "Why are you taking so long?" I whine, stomping my foot, then resume my feet dragging.

When I got inside the bedroom, I threw my backpack in the corner and sat down in bed. Closing my eyes, I can picture them kissing. "She isn't even that pretty," I mumble, knowing it's a lie. Every single one of Neilson's girlfriends is pretty.

Soon, I fell asleep, but a tapping noise appeared. I ignore it, but the tapping continues. When I realize the source is from the window, I drag my leg towards it. Scrunching my hand into a fist, I open my eyes. Instantly, it widens, seeing Neilson's tapping a rock by my window. He saw me and smiled. If I hadn't known him for nearly two years, this would've been very creepy or...romantic? No, definitely creepy.

I slide my window up. "Why are you here?" I peek down to see him on a ladder.

"I rang your doorbell a few times, but you didn't answer, so I got worried and threw some rocks at your window. You didn't reply, so here I am," he said, leaning his head against the window frame.

"O-kay, I'm fine?"

He throws a shirt at me. "Wear this to my game tomorrow."

Unwrapping the white shirt, I saw his sports number - 16 - on it. "Why do I have to wear it?"

He smiles at me, "Every member of the team has to give someone special their shirt, and you're my Angel. So, of course, you have to wear it. For good luck, of course."

"Neilson!" His mom calls.

"Wear it tomorrow. I already told momma. So drop by early, and she will help you fix it." He smiles again and slides down the ladder.

When I hear an: "Ouch!" I rush towards the edge to see him on top of a bush. "I'm fine! Just some burns." He reveals his red palms, then stands up, limping back towards his house. "I'll see you tomorrow!" He shouts, giving me a thumbs up, stating that he is okay.