XII. Kidnap

Alice's POV:

I gulp, "Wow, Neilson, the pavement on your driveway is amazing! Who did it?" I ask, feeling his cement.

I can see his shoes, a knee on the ground, finger on my chin tilting it upward. My heart melts when I see his alluring deep brown for the first time in a month. "Why are you avoiding me?"

Neilson shut his eyes, inhaled a deep breath, then grabbed my wrist and stood up. He drags me towards his house. I spin around to see Nina standing beside Anthony. They were staring at us. "Kidnap! Kidnap," I shout, only to receive a head shake by Nina.

Traitor, I'll remember this.

The old man from across the street is watering his plant, staring at us. "Hello, Neilson! Alice! Nina! Anthony!" He yells, waving at us with a huge smile.

"Mr.Anderson! I'm being kidnapped!" I scream, reaching out to him.

"That nice dear! Neilson! Tell your mom thanks for the cookies!" he replies, ignoring my call for help.

Neilson gave him a thumb up, "Got it!"

When Neilson unlocked the door, I saw Mrs.Yi. "Wait! I'm being dragged against my will!" I shout.

"It's nice to see you too, sweetheart," she responds, ignoring my pleas.

The people living in this neighborhood are of no help.

"Momma! Mr. Anderson said thanks for the cookies!" he shouts.

"That's great, sweetheart!"

When Neilson takes me upstairs, I grab onto the railing. He released a deep breath and threw me over his shoulder. I start kicking and screaming, but he ignores everything. He opens his bedroom door and throws me on his bed then slams it shut. I blew the hair off my face and sat up, only to see him lock the door.

Neilson paced towards me, slamming both hands down on the bed beside me, trapping me in place. "Neilson Yi, you better let me go or else-"

"Or else what?" He challenges me.

I gasp dramatically.

I can see his eyes glancing down at my dress, chewing on his lower lips. "Why are you dressed like that?" He said, in a more profound voice than usual, eyes still looking downward.

"I-I was g-going out," I stutter, hurrying back. The more I move back, the more he leans forward. He places a knee on the bed; as I crept back, he crawls forward until I slip and land on my back. Neilson had both hands beside my head, a knee between my legs. "Why were you out?"

I opened my mouth, but the words were choked in my throat.

Say something, Alice! Anything!

"I was out on a date!"

Smooth, Alice, smooth.

I can see him clenching his jaw, grinding his molars. "Date?" He repeats my words. "Is it with that kid with the motorcycle?"

"You mean, Randy?"

"Whoever he is, were you out with him?"

"No," I reply, and I can see his face softening. "It was with another guy," I said, and I can see the corners of his jaw twitching in an unfriendly manner.

"Alice, you're fifteen, yo-"

"Exactly I'm fifteen," I cut him off. "And girls my age, date," I continue.

I can see him inhaling through his nostrils intently, tightening his grip beside me. "Right, you're fifteen, girls your age date," he repeats my words, except it sounds a lot harsher coming out of his lips.