XXXI. Shooting

Alice's POV:

The light was brimming through the helmet, heavy wind blowing through my skin as I grip tightly around Randy's waist. The sound of the motorcycle engine was loud, disturbing the peaceful tranquility. I turn my head to see the sun rising above the building, shining so brightly, so beautifully.

The memories were engraved inside my mind, how the blood stained his clothes. The smoke that escaped his body, covering his structural features. How he licked the corner of his lips, tasting the cigarette. He elegantly walked towards the streets, pushing his dark hair back, revealing his gorgeous orbs, lungs inhaling the warm summer air. It was absolutely -

"Alice!"

I took off the helmet and shoved it on his chest. The driveway is empty.

Randy held the helmet on his lap. "Hey, I'm not mad."

"Oh, um. Randy-"

He handed me a borrowed bag with my clothes inside, hanging it over my shoulder and messed up my morning bun. "I know you didn't mean it, Alice in Wonderland."

I still feel stupid about mentioning his mom.

Randy tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, "Just know that I care, and I don't want you to throw away your future for a guy who doesn't know how amazing you are."

I smile, "Thank you, RandyBugs."

He chuckles, placing his hands on top of his helmet. "Don't ever fucking call me that in public," he growls playfully and pinch my cheek. I watch as he puts on his helmet. "See you Monday."

Inhaling a deep breath, I walk back to my house, unlocking the door. Heading upstairs, I threw the bag in the corner of my room, seeing Neilson's blind covering his room. Grabbing my curtains, I slide it shut.

I walk towards my desk and switch on the computer. Opening my emails, I can see the emails from different colleges. I sat there, scrolling through each letter. Lifting my hand that was on the mouse, I placed both of them on the keyboard.

And with one deep breath, I start typing.

After a few hours, I release a deep breath and stretch my aching body hearing the bell ringing. Glancing downward, I realized I was still in Randy's clothes and decided it was better to change. I grabbed a pair of pink shorts and a blue t-shirt, changed, then went downstairs. The bell continued ringing nonstop as I glanced at the clock, realizing it was only around 9 am.

Peeking through the peephole, my brows furrow together as I open the door. He stands there, leaning against the balcony, hands shoving inside his pocket as his eye profoundly gazes into the ground. His hair was everywhere, lips dried, as the top two buttons of his white shirt were loose. Steadily, his eyes lifted, meeting mine, and with a deep inhalation, I can pick up the scent of alcohol.

"I rang the bell a few times. Why didn't you open the door?"

Standing there, the image of him last night flashed before my eyes. Shaking off the unfamiliar feeling, I tuck my hands behind my back. "I-I was upstairs."

He takes two steps closer, standing in front of me as I avert my eyes. Slowly, he lifts his hand, the bloody hand from last night, towards me as my body refused to stop trembling. The beating inside my chest was racing louder than ever. I can feel his warm hand on my cheeks, alcoholic breath choking me as he tilts his head, decreasing our distance.

I took a step back as he stepped forward into the house. My eyes were still on the ground, seeing his black shoes kicking the door close. "Where were you last night?"

My eyes burst open as I hurried back, feeling him motioning forward. Each step was massive, terrifying yet somehow so -

His body hit mine as my back made contact with the wall. "Answer."