LVII. Steady Downfall

Alice's POV:

Neilson strolled over and sat at the empty seat beside me, holding out his hand while Mrs.Fan googled over his good looks. "Hello, I'm Neilson Yi. Mrs.Yi, my mother, couldn't make it, so she asked me to stand as Alice's guardian. I'm under her emergency contact," he stated, holding out a hand.

Mrs.Fan giggled and turned red, taking his hand.

Back off, lady, you're married, is what I want to say but can't.

They started speaking about my attendance record, school grades, and everything else.

"I hope Alice isn't too much trouble," Neilson gave one of his heart throbbing smiles.

Mrs. Fan started giggling for the millionth time, and I held the urge to roll my eyes again. "Of course not," she flipped her hair, placing her chin on top of her palm, and giggled again while batting her eyes.

"Oh, there seems to be something else." She scrolls through the papers. "I would need your signature to approve Alice's request in skipping to twelfth grade. From my perspective, Alice is good enough to start college, but she stated that she wanted to spend some more time in her youth before starting."

Neilson glanced at me, lifting a brow. "You wanted to skip a grade?"

I bit my lips and nodded.

He licked his lips, and I think Mrs.Fan just got an orgasm. The edge was twitching into a smile as he signed the paper.

We walked down the empty hallway, and I can hear the sound of our slapping shoes on the floor. I continued walking, staring at my boots, puffing my cheeks. "Something wrong, Angel?" Neilson asked, stepping in front of me

I shook my head, "Nothing."

He placed a hand under my chin, tilting it up to meet his eyes. "You're lying something is wrong," he said, taking a step towards me.

I stepped back, "Nothing is wrong."

He continued stepping forward, and I inched back until I hit the lockers. He placed two hands beside my temples, bending his legs and looking down at me. "You know-" he bit his lower lips as I swallowed intently.

"Know what?"

"It feels quite nostalgic walking down these halls again," he glanced around, ensuring no one else was there, then stepped closer to me. "I've always wondered," he stroked chin. "What it would be like for us to go to school together."

I chewed on my lips as he positioned his face closer to mine. "Don't you ever wonder what it would be like if we went to school together?"

Slowly, I bobbed my head as he inches closer, pressing his body on mine, a leg between my thighs. Swiftly, he turned his head, lips near my ear. "What do you want to happen if I was still in high school?"

My hands curled around my fingers. "I want to cheer for you when you play basketball." My head lifted slightly while he stared at me with a blank face. "As your cheerleader."

He smiled.

I covered my face, "Arrrggg, that was too embarrassing."

He grabbed my wrists, pulling my hands away. "Not at all," he tugged us down the hallway.

We walked from one door to another until we reached the indoor gym. Neilson grabbed both handles and jiggled them. "Shoot," he grumbled.

I smiled and unzipped my backpack, pulling out the master key. His brows lifted as I unlocked the door. "I'm not going even to ask how you got that key," he laughed and pulled me inside. "Got the key for the storage room?"