LXIII. Beautiful Bitch

Alice's POV:

I came back to school, hearing: "The amount of happiness you're oozing out makes me want to vomit."

Thank you, Randy, Nina, and Pamela.

I was too happy to even snap back at them.

It pissed them off even more.

Good.

I know they were happy for me, though.

Laying on the couch, I kicked my feet up and down, eating one piece of the chip after another reading A Midsummer Night Dream.

Neilson came with his own bowl of chips, knowing I am not particularly eager to share. He lifted my legs and sat under them while I turned to my back.

"Love looks not with the eyes but with the mind. And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind," Neilson quoted.

I laid a pillow on the back of my head, settling the book on my stomach." Nor hath Love's mind of any judgment taste. Wings and no eyes figure unheedy haste. And therefore is Love said to be a child, because in choice he is so oft beguiled."

He chuckled, "You're actually reading it?"

I playfully kicked him in the waist." As waggish boys in game themselves forswear, so the boy Love is perjured everywhere. For ere Demetrius looked on Hermia's eyne, he hailed down oaths that he was only mine."

He leaned down, kissing my temple, "And indeed, I'm only yours."

I chuckled while he ate some chips going back to my book. He grabbed his own book, Harry Potter, and started reading it. Neilson had been really into HP lately, determined to finish every single one before the end of the year.

We sat in peaceful silence, immersed in our own books.

I laid the book on my chest. "Muffin?"

He's still reading, "Yeah?"

"I want to meet everyone."

He chuckled, "Everyone already knows you."

I bit my lower lips, "Introduced as your girl."

He stopped reading, grabbed his bookmark, and laid the book down. He held my book and set it beside his, "Alice, you know I would love to, but -"

I sat up, laying the pillow on my chest. "You're afraid I'm going to get dragged into all of this?"

He massaged my leg lightly, "Yeah."

I sat next to him, "They're your friends, and I want to meet them as your girl officially." I held up a finger, "Just once."

He opens his mouth.

I held his hand, "Because you're going to cut them out of your life after you retired. Am I right?"

He shut his mouth and nodded, "Yeah."

I sucked in my lips, "I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"Being the reason why you can't be with your friends anymore. I know they're like your brothers."

He wraps his arms around my head, pulling me into his beating heart. "Don't be sorry. I choose to do this."

My eyes watered, "For us."

He smiled, "And it's worth it. You're worth everything and more."

I hurry onto his lap, "Thank you."

His chest vibrated, "No, thank you-" he inhaled a breath, "For giving a man like me a chance."

"This weekend, let's introduce you to the gang."