LXI. Welcome Home Dear

Alice's POV:

I turn the card around to see Neilson doing a giant heart pose by placing two arms on top of his head.

He looks so adorable.

I think I'm going to frame this.

That's not weird, right?

"The cringe is real," Pamela mumbled.

Nina elbowed Kevin in the stomach. "I think it's cute."

Kevin puffed his cheeks. "Yeah, I'm not going to do that. Sorry babe." He smiled awkwardly, then whispered something into her ear, causing her to laugh.

I grabbed the gift inside to see a bunny keychain then glanced at Ian, who shook his head. "He is one pitiful man," he held out his hand.

I laughed while unchaining the same bunny keychain that Ian gave me last year for my birthday from my gym bag and gave it to him. He walked towards the garbage and dumped it inside. "You didn't have to throw it away."

"I would like my limbs to be intact this year."

"Wait...Was Alice's boyfriend the guy who broke your arm last year?" Pamela asked.

"Woah, you're sharp," we all said, then applauded her.

She rolled her eyes, mumbling: "Dicks."

"Midget, you can beg all you want, but this rollercoaster has been claimed," Randy winked at Carla, who giggled. "But, you can ride the one made for midgets over there," he points at Ian.

Pamela scoff, "Only in his dreams."

"I don't have to dream about something that already happened," Ian grumbled, and we all held in a chuckle while she scowled at him.

I look at the parking lot to see Devon and Carol's arrival at school. They sourly jump out of the same car with Kayla and Frank. Devon and Carol saw us and jogged over with a smile showing the same left dimple.

I noticed the mood between Kayla and Frank wasn't a good one as they walked to their usual crowd, not holding hands.

"What happened?" Carla asks, noticing the atmosphere between them.

"Ah, they've been fighting a lot recently, so I'm guessing the honeymoon phase is over," Devon said.

"That's what you get for cheating," Carlo mumbled under his breath, peeking at Ian to ensure he wasn't mad. After all, Kayla was his girlfriend, even if things didn't end well between them.

Ian wasn't angry at all; his face didn't hold any emotions. He didn't even spare Kayla a glance while she walked in our direction, gazing at him. He was too busy staring at Pamela, whose face turned red. She always turned red whenever Ian stared at her for an uncomfortably long time. Then, to escape the uneasiness, she would say: "I'm going to go to class," and walk away.

"M-Me too," Ian rushed after her.

"Well, we're out, see you all at lunch," Carlo and Devon smiled, then did this weird bro handshake with Randy.

Devon turns towards Nina, and they start doing the handshake too, but she slaps his hands halfway through. "Just go away. I still don't get it."

Carlo turns towards Carla and me. "High fives?" he smiled, revealing his dimple again.

We high five him and waved goodbye.

I never understood the bro shake consisting of all the hands smacking and back-patting.

Neilson tried to teach one to me, and I got it, but he refused to do it with me in public, saying it's not normal for a man in his twenties to do it. So, sometimes we do it privately.