LXXXII. Injustice Life

Neilson's POV:

Rubbing my aching jaw, a hissed made its appearance when she laid the blue whale ice pack against my flesh.

"Ow! Alice!"

She fake cries, "Oh, boohoo!"

I never thought that one day, a girl would land one on me.

"It's just a light punch," she mumbles.

My eyes shook towards her, "You asked if you can slap me!"

"Who told you to bite your lips!" she yells.

"I didn't know you were going to punch me!" I scream back, and she presses the pack harder onto my cut mouth.

After our sweet reunion, Alice asked if she could slap me. I told her yes because I deserve it. After all, I put her through a lot of shit. What I didn't expect was for her to square me one on the jaw.

"That punch was for spanking me and being mean to me at the party," she grumbles.

My heart sank, remembering the day I behaved like an irrational animal accusing her of kissing Alexander when I knew she didn't. I didn't know what overcame me, I was furious, and that's all I felt. Mad that she didn't listen and angry seeing her in the arms of another man.

Growing up, my temper had always been short, extremely. Momma told me I'm just like papa, where even the littlest thing made him burst. Perhaps, that's one of the reasons why she left because she couldn't handle his temper.

I don't want Alice to leave me because of that.

"That was wrong of me. I...I shouldn't have done that."

Alice held my finger, "Don't do that anymore. It scared me," her voice was low, hinting fear.

"Be patient with me, please."

Her shakey grip tightens, almost looking as if she is afraid of what she will say next: "No more. You have to change. You have to remember; my heart belongs to you even when you aren't by my side. You have to trust me if we are going to make us work, Muffin."

I held her hand, "I want to make it work. I want us to last."

She sat there, a smile on her plump lips, swollen eyes gazing up at me. Her toes started playing with one another. I held the urge to swallow, seeing my sizable white button-up shirt slipping off her slim pale shoulder, revealing the curve of her breast.

"Where did you learn how to punch like that?" I ask, fixating my eyes on hers.

The edge of her lips curved up lightly, "I took a boxing class with Nina once in a while."

I arch a brow, removing the ice pack, "You box?"

She smiles and nods, "I also practiced karate with Piper too."

My eyes widen, "You know karate?" She nods, grabbing the pack and walking towards the fridge, placing it back inside the freezer. "How come I never knew this?"

Alice turns around, leans against the counter, and shrugs. "I did it when I was younger after mom left."

I stood up, walking towards her, resting my hands against the tiles behind her. "Why didn't you tell me?"

She puckers her lips, glancing up at me. "I thought it wasn't worth mentioning." She pushes her hair back, but it falls back at its original spot. "It was just something I did when I felt stressed...alone."

I cup her face, "You're not alone."

Alice smiles, eyes gazing down. "It felt like it that time."