XXVI. Randy Tactics

Alice's POV:

I wipe away the tears, "Wait here, I'm going to go grab a first aid kit."

Walking towards the closet, I grabbed the small white box and made my way back into the room. I clicked the box open and treated Randy's wound. "You're really good at this," he said. "I can barely feel the stinging sensation."

There's a light tug on my lips, "I have a lot of practice."

"That's what I'm afraid of," he responds.

Silence falls on us while I continue treating Randy's wound. It wasn't deep enough for stitches, so that's good. Randy needed stitches on his wounds once. He refused to go to the hospital. He said he would rather die than to pile up more bills in the hospital. Let's say I'm grateful that my treatment did not end up with an infection.

Once the last bandage was in place, I closed the box and threw away the items. Tugging off the gloves, I threw it in the trashcan and fell onto the couch.

Randy rests on the other side, "Your house is nice."

"Yeah. I guess it's nice." Most days.

"I wish my house was this nice."

"Your future house will be better than this house."

He chuckles slowly before covering his face with his arm. Randy groans slightly due to the pain. "I would be happy just to be able to get my own house."

"Marry the head cheerleader, and you can get a house."

"She's too good for a bastard like me."

"Don't say that."

"I already did. I can't take it back now."

I hear the bell ding, wondering who else is here. "Got it," Randy sat up.

"No, I got it. Can you put this away?" I push the first aid kit towards him.

He nodded and went to the other side of the room. Randy knows where all the first aid and medications are inside my house.

I made my way towards the door and opened it. My eyes widen at the man standing in front of my doorsteps. "Neilson," I said his name slowly. I cannot believe he is here while Randy is inside.

Neilson smiles, scratching his head slightly. "Hey."

"Why are you here?" I attempt to keep the door as close to me as possible.

"You didn't seem well at the hospital, so I got worried."

I almost want to laugh at his statement. I got signed out of the hospital, a place where people who don't feel well stay. Of course, I won't look good. "I'm fine."

"Alice!" Randy's voice made my heart nearly leap out of my chest.

Neilson's eyes narrow, and he tilts his head, "Who's that?"

"Just a friend."

"Where does the kit go again? The first or second shelf?" Randy unnecessarily questions.

Neilson places a hand on the door and pushes back. I refuse to move away. He smiles, but it looks scary. "Sounds like a boy friend?"

I return his smile, "Just a friend who is a boy."

"That's what I said, boy...friend," he pushes back again. "I can't meet your friend?"

"You don't want to meet him," I attempt to laugh, but it sounds more like a terrified hyena chuckling.

"Why not?"

"Because...Because-" Dammit, Alice! Come up with a good reason.

"Alice. Don't you hear me?" Randy is standing behind me. His voice sounds much too loud to be at a distance.