Part 5- consequeces of love

" Bailey?" Meredith asked as she walked into the office if the chief "Maggie said you wanted to speak to me."
" Dr grey I don't know what's going on with you today and quite frankly I don't care but you can't make mistakes like that in an o.r" embarrassed Meredith looked at the floor. Bailey and Meredith had known each other for 25 years and Meredith thought of her more as family than friends. But even after all this time she hated the thought of disappointing her.
"Look I'm sorry I just... there's a lot going on in my life right now." Meredith said. "I think i might be in love." Bailey looked at her "do I look like I wanna know about your love life." Bailey had always been hard on her students regarding their love life's. When they where interns they had enough love drama to last a lifetime in bialys opinion. However over the years Bailey has softened and she saw how hurt Meredith was by her comment. "look I'm sure you'll make the right decision with whatever your going though, just make sure your love doesn't effect your work anymore."

The sisters where on their weekly drinks night. Amelia, Maggie and Meredith's lives had become very busy since they all had kids so they make time once a week to catch up.  Maggie had two children, in 2022 not too long after the pandemic was over her and Winston moved in and had a baby. Diane Ellis Ndugu-Pierce (after her mum and her mother) who is 10, and Bill Richard Ndugu-Pierce (after her Dad and father) who is 6. However soon after this, Maggie found Winston in bed with another woman. Now they share custody between them.

The sisters sat in Joes and drank tequila (not Amelia). "So what did Bailey want to talk to you about." Maggie asked.
"Nothing." Replied Meredith
"It's never nothing if Bailey called you into her office" Amelia said
"Look it doesn't matter." Meredith said.
"Is it because of your massive surgery flop." Asked Amelia. Maggie glared at Amelia. 'What' Amelia mouthed. Maggie just shook her head. "You know Mer we all mess up sometimes, Bailey will understand." Said Maggie to try and make Meredith feel better. "Can we just talk about something else." Meredith asked. After that the sisters had a relatively normal catch up.

At home Meredith felt bad about not telling her sisters about Addie. But then she realised she doesn't really have anything to say. She doesn't know what they are. Realising her and Addison haven't spoken about what any of this means she texted her.

'Hi Addie, what are we'
'What do you mean?'
' are we just a fling or just friends with benefits or are we full on dating'
'I really like you Mer your not just a fling and we are definitely not just friends with benefits.'
'Ok thx❤️'
'❤️'

Knowing Addison was really serious about this she decided that tomorrow's she would tell her sisters her feelings.