Part 52- zola in surgery

It was 6 in the morning and Zola never remembered ever being this excited. She was clipping her first aneurism. She have her aunt Amelia there to help her but she was going to be placing the actual clip. She was so excited that she skipped downstairs. This morning Addison was downstairs making breakfast for herself and Meredith. Mer was in the shower. Addison and Zola had bonded quite soon after Addison had moved in. Addie felt that out of all the grey-Shepard children she was the closest to Zola. Ellis was very reluctant at fist to accept Addie and although she now had Addie felt like their relationship would never be amazing. She had a good relationship with Bailey as well because he was dating Henry. However Zola worked in the same hospital as her so she saw her everyday.

"Hey Zola. I'm making breakfast do you want any." Addison asked.
"Well auntie Amelia is supposed to pick me up in five minutes so I probably have about half an hour until she gets here. Ok sure I'll have some toast please." Zola replied. The whole family (even the younger kids) knew to expect lateness from Amelia. She is amazing at almost everything except being on time.

As Zola predicted 30 minutes later Amelia arrived at the house. She knocked on the door and Zola got into the car. "Hey zozo sorry I'm late." She said.
"It's fine it gave me time to have breakfast." Zola replied. She would have rather been early to clip her first aneurism but she didn't want Amelia to feel bad.

It was time to operate and Zola was very excited. Her and Amelia event into the scrub room and they talked about their plan. But before Zola had a chance to turn on the scrub room tap Amelia pushed her hands onto her hips. "I read a study many many years ago and it said that it you do this before a big surgery or a big exam you will do better. It's like a placebo for feeling good. You believe you are a superhero so you act like one." Amelia said. Then she uttered her famous words. "Only freaking superheroes." Zola had heard people talk about this around the hospital but she didn't know weather to believe it or not. She knew her dad had a phase as well. She wondered if this was why Amelia had one. She didn't bring it up though because Amelia's grief for Derek had never gone away. The other people in the family still grieved but Amelia was known to cry often when someone or something reminded her of him.

It was the end of the surgery and everything had gone well. "I was really pleased with how you did in there." Amelia said. "You really where a superhero." She said. Zola was very pleased with herself so she went to go celebrate with her friends at joes bar.