Part 30- homecomming

Addison sat in the attending a lounge waiting for Meredith to finish her surgery. They where celebrating their 6 month anniversary. Addison had booked them a nice table at a nice restaurant.

Meredith knew nothing about the dinner and she had forgotten about the anniversary. She stood in surgery and thought about how good her life was right now. She was doing a surgery with Miranda Bailey and she was enjoying it.

Amelia sat in her room and Tom koracik walked in. "Today's the day." He said and handed over discharge papers to Amelia. Amelia was shocked she thought she had at least a few more days left in the hospital. A massive smile covered her face. She was so exited.

Meredith's phone beeped multiple times in the or. She asked a niece to read out what Amelia had sent her. "Mer I'm getting out. Tom gave me discharge papers this morning." The niece read aloud. Bailey and Meredith smiled and cheered. Then Meredith decided she would throw Amelia a party. After a few minuets of planning with Bailey a party was prepared at her house that night.

The surgery finished and Mer walked into the lounge that Addie sat in. "Hey baby. You ready for tonight." Addison said.
"How did you hear about that already." Meredith replied. She thought she was talking about Amelia's party. "I mean our 6 month anniversary dinner." Addison said. She was really looking forward to the dinner. Meredith was confused and didn't have a clue what Addison was talking about. "What are you talking about Mer. Did you plan something else." Addison asked.
"Amelia is being discharged today so I planed a party at our house for tonight." Meredith said. She was embarrassed that she forgot their anniversary because she knew that it really mattered to Addison. The women decided to cancel their romantic dinner and have it the next night, but Addison was not happy. Of course she was glad Amelia was getting out but she was mad that Mer had forgotten their anniversary and planned a party instead.

Later that night the party happed and everyone was happy. Especially Amelia. But there was one person in the room who wasn't as happy as the rest, Addison. She stood in the corner and sulked until she decided to go upstairs.

Meredith saw her and followed her. "Hey what's up. Are you not enjoying the party." Meredith asked. "We should be having a romantic dinner right now and we aren't." Addison replied. "I didn't know it meant that much or you." Mer didn't want to make Addison sad. " and I'm sorry I didn't count the anniversary I just love you so much and it feels like I've been with you my whole life. So I forgot. I'm sorry." Meredith hoped that Addison could forgive her. Addison thought to herself that she really loved Meredith and that this was a genuine mistake. She rolled over and kissed her. "I am sorry, I love you and I'm glad we could have tonight together even if it wasn't at a romantic restaurant." The two went downstairs and enjoyed the rest of the party.